Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I just did some fast reading.

Apparently stored fresh blood is only good for 45 days or so. But blood is also frozen at -120F and takes about 60-90 min to thaw and then can be used. Could be workable for some emergencies where the blood is not needed immediately but rather farther along in the surgery.
    So the president has a bag of his blood taken wherever he goes, right? Is he really having it drawn every six weeks?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    oldag,

My previous post was me mostly just being silly, but with a small dose of reality.

No one expected my friend to die of a broken wrist, but yeah, when one gets to be 'of a certain age' one becomes, mmmhh, kinda, um, delicate....yeah, that's it...delicate, even if only moderately injured.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    robertc 1024,

Yes, of course, you're correct...

The issue of c-19 vax tainted blood is a scary prospect.

Last couple of operations, I had to make a decision if things went south, would I be willing to accept blood transfusion.

I think now maybe, I'd rather chance going without unless, I could be assured that I was getting 'pure blood'...no small matter to consider if one has avoided 'the vax' (me) up til now...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag,

My previous post was me mostly just being silly, but with a small dose of reality.

No one expected my friend to die of a broken wrist, but yeah, when one gets to be 'of a certain age' one becomes, mmmhh, kinda, um, delicate....yeah, that's it...delicate, even if only moderately injured.
    Decades ago had a friend go in the hospital for very minor procedure. He was healthy and in his late 40's or so. Procedure went perfect.

A few days later he was dead. Got a bad infection and that was it. You are right, we never know.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Woody's SNL monologue @ 6:00 mins to 6:30 near the end.

Woody Harrelson is under fire for referencing his controversial stance on vaccination and the COVID-19 pandemic in his opening monologue

Top Bottom