diesel truck inspection - no catalytic convertor

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
Feb 13, 2015
Rural Wise County, TX.
The Counties that require emission testing are called 'EPA nonattainment counties' or if applicable 'EPA nonattainment area' (part of a county)

The EPA tried to get Wise County in that zone but they tested the air in Tarrant County.
They figured it was 'close-enough'?

Our County Attorney told them to 'pound-sand'. If they wanted to test, test in the actual county!

They dropped the issue and we still have only safety inspections. (for now at least)

Texas45

Well-Known
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
That's not an emission testing. A safety inspection is the same state wide, regardless of the county.

But if the vehicle is registered in a county that requires emission testing, you have to have that inspection done in the county it was registered in.
My company is based in Houston.
My company truck is registered to the Houston(Harris county) office. It lives in Bexar county (SA). I just had it inspected in San Antonio last week cuz reg is due 03/21.

No emissions test in Bexar county. I have done this for 16 yrs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
My company truck is registered to the Houston(Harris county) office. It lives in Bexar county (SA). I just had it inspected in San Antonio last week cuz reg is due 03/21.

No emissions test in Bexar county. I have done this for 16 yrs now.
Unless it is a diesel, it should require an emissions test. Of course it is possible your company got a waiver.

Motorists with vehicles registered in Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson Counties will not be eligible to renew their vehicle's annual registration if the vehicle has not passed its annual emissions inspection or complied with the vehicle emissions inspection program requirements.

Vehicle Emissions Inspections in Texas - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
ZX9RCAM,

WHO is that LOON??
(I've seen her HOMELY face all over the WORLDWIDEWEIRD.)

She LOOKS LIKE what the Louisiana Civil Code calls "a lunatic in the public view".

yours, satx
Some random femnazi that went viral screaming at someone over something ridiculous.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Some random femnazi that went viral screaming at someone over something ridiculous.

Younggun,

To me (and I have had a LOT of former contacts with PUBLIC LUNATICS, when I was a NOLA Deputy with the OPCSO), she looks like she is "not in her right mind".

As I said, I've seen that same KOOK on many websites & in several "poses". = All of the "poses" LOOK like a CRAZY individual.

In the one video "clip" (that I've seen) & that has "audio, she is SCREAMING incoherently & really likes using "the F-BOMB" & calling others "a DIRTY JEW" and/or a "rightist mother!@#$%^".

LOONY aptly describes her.

ADDENDA: Imvho, the USA made a SERIOUS error when the medical community STOPPED "locking up" violent lunatics
(When I was last in south LA, the Pelican State still committed "lunatics in the public view" to St. Francisville State Hospital for "public lunatics".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Texas45

Well-Known
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
Unless it is a diesel, it should require an emissions test. Of course it is possible your company got a waiver.

Motorists with vehicles registered in Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson Counties will not be eligible to renew their vehicle's annual registration if the vehicle has not passed its annual emissions inspection or complied with the vehicle emissions inspection program requirements.

Vehicle Emissions Inspections in Texas - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov
Dont know that any waiver is involved.
Just know its never been an issue.
And also I DGAF really imo emissions teats are a $$ for the state and nothing else.

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!

Dont know that any waiver is involved.
Just know its never been an issue.
And also I DGAF really imo emissions teats are a $$ for the state and nothing else.

Renegade posted the same information I was referring to. Your company truck may have a waiver since it's not being used in Harris county, even though it's more than likely registered in Harris county.

I have no idea what or why your truck is exempted from being required to be emissions tested, but why look a gift horse in the mouth!

Texas45

Well-Known
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
Renegade posted the same information I was referring to. Your company truck may have a waiver since it's not being used in Harris county, even though it's more than likely registered in Harris county.

I have no idea what or why your truck is exempted from being required to be emissions tested, but why look a gift horse in the mouth!
No idea but not complaining.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members