• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    1935 Ford fordor sedan - No inspection required at all.
    1994 Ford F150 5 speed 6 cyl - Safety only.
    2015 VW Beetle TDI - Safety only, but the Beetle has an Extended Emissions Warranty for 12 years or 162k miles that covers the engine, fuel pump and anything emissions related or sets a check engine light other than the transmission. Thanks to the VW Dieselgate thing!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mostly using the OBD II connection in the vehicle. Plus the gas cap. You are allowed one system "not ready" as long as the check engine light is not on.

This is what I'd seen, I thought I recalled at one time a "sniffer" put in the exhaust.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You'd be surprised at how much one does that ain't "technically legal".

I chose to be very specific in my wording. I would not personally encourage someone to do anything illegal, or give the impression an illegal thing is legal simply because it’s not typically enforced.

And I would be a lot less surprised than you might thing, lol. We live in a legal spiderweb of nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    The vehicle has to be inspected in the county the vehicle is registered in. In Tarrant county they have two inspections. A vehicle safety inspection, and an emissions testing.

For the most part, most inspectors would probably give a pass on the missing catalytic converter, but with it missing, not on the emissions testing.

That is not necessarily true. I live in one county, work in another. There is an inspection station just 2 blocks from where I work and get my truck done there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That is not necessarily true. I live in one county, work in another. There is an inspection station just 2 blocks from where I work and get my truck done there.

That's not an emission testing. A safety inspection is the same state wide, regardless of the county.

But if the vehicle is registered in a county that requires emission testing, you have to have that inspection done in the county it was registered in.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The Counties that require emission testing are called 'EPA nonattainment counties' or if applicable 'EPA nonattainment area' (part of a county)

The EPA tried to get Wise County in that zone but they tested the air in Tarrant County.
    They figured it was 'close-enough'?

Our County Attorney told them to 'pound-sand'. If they wanted to test, test in the actual county!

They dropped the issue and we still have only safety inspections. (for now at least)

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    That's not an emission testing. A safety inspection is the same state wide, regardless of the county.

But if the vehicle is registered in a county that requires emission testing, you have to have that inspection done in the county it was registered in.

My company is based in Houston.
    My company truck is registered to the Houston(Harris county) office. It lives in Bexar county (SA). I just had it inspected in San Antonio last week cuz reg is due 03/21.

No emissions test in Bexar county. I have done this for 16 yrs now.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My company truck is registered to the Houston(Harris county) office. It lives in Bexar county (SA). I just had it inspected in San Antonio last week cuz reg is due 03/21.

No emissions test in Bexar county. I have done this for 16 yrs now.

Unless it is a diesel, it should require an emissions test. Of course it is possible your company got a waiver.

Motorists with vehicles registered in Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson Counties will not be eligible to renew their vehicle's annual registration if the vehicle has not passed its annual emissions inspection or complied with the vehicle emissions inspection program requirements.

Vehicle Emissions Inspections in Texas - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ZX9RCAM,

WHO is that LOON??
    (I've seen her HOMELY face all over the WORLDWIDEWEIRD.)

She LOOKS LIKE what the Louisiana Civil Code calls "a lunatic in the public view".

yours, satx

Some random femnazi that went viral screaming at someone over something ridiculous.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Some random femnazi that went viral screaming at someone over something ridiculous.

Younggun,

To me (and I have had a LOT of former contacts with PUBLIC LUNATICS, when I was a NOLA Deputy with the OPCSO), she looks like she is "not in her right mind".

As I said, I've seen that same KOOK on many websites & in several "poses". = All of the "poses" LOOK like a CRAZY individual.

In the one video "clip" (that I've seen) & that has "audio, she is SCREAMING incoherently & really likes using "the F-BOMB" & calling others "a DIRTY JEW" and/or a "rightist mother!@#$%^".

LOONY aptly describes her.

ADDENDA: Imvho, the USA made a SERIOUS error when the medical community STOPPED "locking up" violent lunatics
    (When I was last in south LA, the Pelican State still committed "lunatics in the public view" to St. Francisville State Hospital for "public lunatics".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Unless it is a diesel, it should require an emissions test. Of course it is possible your company got a waiver.

Motorists with vehicles registered in Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson Counties will not be eligible to renew their vehicle's annual registration if the vehicle has not passed its annual emissions inspection or complied with the vehicle emissions inspection program requirements.

Vehicle Emissions Inspections in Texas - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Dont know that any waiver is involved.
    Just know its never been an issue.
    And also I DGAF really imo emissions teats are a $$ for the state and nothing else.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Dont know that any waiver is involved.
    Just know its never been an issue.
    And also I DGAF really imo emissions teats are a $$ for the state and nothing else.

Renegade posted the same information I was referring to. Your company truck may have a waiver since it's not being used in Harris county, even though it's more than likely registered in Harris county.

I have no idea what or why your truck is exempted from being required to be emissions tested, but why look a gift horse in the mouth!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Renegade posted the same information I was referring to. Your company truck may have a waiver since it's not being used in Harris county, even though it's more than likely registered in Harris county.

I have no idea what or why your truck is exempted from being required to be emissions tested, but why look a gift horse in the mouth!

No idea but not complaining.

Top Bottom