Join TexasGunTalk

Dietary Fiber

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by baboon, Apr 20, 2019.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

So about a month ago I started taking dietary fiber in the capsule form. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Right about the time I reordered the stuff I started getting the hives. I aint had the hives since I was a preteen kid.

So I go off with the buds on our get away & start noticing shortness of breath, & more hives. @ the time we were spending most of our time outside so I just assumed most of that was seasonal allergies from pollen.

Second bottle arrives & I'm taking them & the hives are getting worse as is the tightness in my chest. Last night was one of the most miserable I've had in a long time. Been eating antihistamines to the point I can't stay awake. Shortly after breakfast I start reading the fine print on the bottle. Sure enough allergic reaction are hives & tightness in the chest. Glad I didn't eat any fiber @ breakfast. Already went on Amazon to return the bottle.

I hope the hives start clearing up because they suck as does the way my chest feels. Hopefully I won't need to see the doctor & get a steroid pack to get right!

2. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

From fiber! That's scary. Glad you are ok.

I've been using unflavored psyllium husk fiber in my morning smoothie for years. Two tablespoons, some milk, yogurt, and 1/4 cup of berries in the ninja every morning. Makes me as regular as the sunrise!

3. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

81tR+XHGBHL._SY679_.jpg
    I'm pretty miserable right now! Patch of hives on my neck & left hip are driving me crazy burning & itching. Lesser patches around the body aint so bad. The tightness in the chest aint good either. Some of the first onsets of hives were my lips swelling. Looked like chicks who had fat from their asses injected into their lips!

4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm regular 2-3 times daily with no assistance.
    Reckon I'm lucky.

5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I'm regular too, but they claim other benefits from it! My Dr had me on 4 different blood pressure Rx's, cholesterol Rx I I really didn't want to be taking that crap. Figured the fiber was a better cure.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  6. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    I have a couple cups of frozen raw berries in a protein smoothie a couple times per week as part of my fiber intake.
    Stalky vegetables are also good

Sam7sf likes this.
  7. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I basically thought the fiber caps would work like eating oats which I basically hate. Only way I like oats are with so much bad stuff to bury the oats.

8. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If you’re having an allergic reaction, pop two Benadryl.

You’ll take a nap, but it will stop the histamine response and your hives should clear up quickly.

Not to beat a dead horse, but once my Celiac was diagnosed and I cut gluten, my need for dietary fiber went away (among myriad other issues that also went away). Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Atkins meals figure carb content by subtracting fiber from actual carbs in meal.
    Stands to reason that additional fiber intake should help reduce A1C level.

10. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I have ate enough Promethazine to put 3 normal people out for the rest of the day. Promethazine is a true wonder drug.

pronstar likes this.