• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    I hear you, upstate NY, moved to Houston in 2000. No way I'm going back to NY. Weather and politics keeping me here.
    Yep, I got to Houston about 1981 I believe, after some traveling. Been here ever since. I retired and no longer reside in Houston but where I am now here in Tyler Co. Texas is where I will live the rest of my life and will die here.
    DK Firearms

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory from 9:00 am this morning, Monday Jan 30th, till noon on Wednesday, February 1st. This includes the cities of Del Rio, Bracketville, Uvalde, Hondo, San Antonio, La Grange, Floresville, and Gonzales.

CONDITIONS
    * WHAT...Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of up to a tenth of an inch.
    * WHERE...Portions of the Coastal Plains and the US Highway 90 corridor.
    * WHEN...From 9 AM this morning to noon CST Wednesday.
    * IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are possible. Isolated to scattered power outages.
    * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...More significant icing could be possible across the most northern portions of Bexar, Medina and Uvalde counties.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    * Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible power outages.
    * The latest road conditions for the state can be obtained at drivetexas.org.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    We've had a good amount of thunder sleet and it's continuing as my backyard is completely covered. The school next door let out at noon just as it started. The 50mph road I can see is going well under 30mph and I see a small car that's stuck and can't leave a residential street for that main road. My 4WD and AWD vehicles are in the garage and I have no intention of playing bumper cars with others for the next day or two.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This weather makes for some good pics
    Very thankful to work from home.

23B0CBFB-6E8F-499B-8844-85F7FE42D160.jpeg

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm sitting here looking at the radar map showing a line of freezing rain at Junction and hoping it turns to the regular wet kind before it reaches me...

Currently 33°F.

Reactions: WAA

WAA

Sir, I decline to answer, respectfully.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Finally got out of the house for a minute, Ol Blue on my hip.

Although picking a pair of well traveled 30 year old Justin cowboy boots as footwear on the ice probably not the best idea, the soles are pretty slick

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Peculiarly, I find it easier to carry a big 1911 than a ”Commander”.

Never tried a G20, but the G21 is just too big to conceal easily.

A G21 was one of my first carry guns back in Virginia. Got it at a pawnshop for like $200 because someone’s dog chewed up the bottom of the grip around the magwell. Threw a hogue grip on it and was good to go. I could always get away with carrying something like that around the 7 o clock position because I’m a left handed fat guy. The ol love handles breaks the silhouette lol. Carried my 1911 the same way before I had the Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom