• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greenblur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I just a got the Dillon 550B press and I am getting ready to set it up. I decided to set it up with the Strong Mounts, however I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores in Austin that carry Dillon parts. Worse case I will just order online, but I'm a little anxious to get started.

I'm a Newbie on reloading, so I have one more question regarding the set-up. I'm space constrained and the max size of the bench I plan to build is about 30"W x 40" L, with shelves underneath---will that be big enough? I'm more cramped on the right side with a wall, so I plan to offset the press about 5-7" to the left of center--I doubt this will be an issue, just thought I would ask the experts before I went down the wrong path.

As an FYI--plan to start with 45ACP and eventually move into .223. Hopefully i can find more space by then.

Thanks

CowDog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    First, I'll apologize for a reply that is not exactly what you asked for, but this is a place and a guy who can get you set up.

Unfortunately, it is in San Antonio. It is Nagels Gun Shop on San Pedro. They are expensive on almost everything, but Dillon products are the same price as at the Dillon factory store in Scottsdale, Az. Ask for Jesse. He has a Dillon outfit and knows what works. My only split with him is about Dillon dies. Dillon dies are good. I like RCBS better, especially on my 550. Simple matter of taste, and mine is better than Jesses. Tell him the guy from Austin he used to shoot with at A Place to Shoot, told you that. I bought all my equipment from Nagels until I moved too far away. Jesse is a good guy and he will treat you right.

Take a Saturday, go to SA, see Jesse, then go to La Fogata (2427 Vance Jackson Rd) for lunch or dinner, and take your wife or girlfriend. You will be considered a very smooth character, AND have all the good stuff you need.

cd

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Forget Nagle's unless you feel like paying about 10 to 20 percent over list price. If you're coming to SA for parts, check with Wayne Ho at Hoguns Sporting on Culebra. Wayne is a Dillon dealer, and sells a fair amount of equipment to the IPSC/IDPA/Cowboy Slaction shooters. He sometimes has Dillon equipment that was traded in on upgrades at good prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom