• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocky Carey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    Just wanted to say Dillon stands behind there products 100%. I bought another press a 650 from my cousin. I had lots issues right off bat Dillon tech had me send it in and all I can say is WOW. Complete rebuild frame and all like a brand new machine 43 parts. Wish other companies in non firearms related businesses were this good even 1/2 this good.
    Thanks Dillon
    Rocky

Rocky Carey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    I have a 550 and had Square Deal both great machines for handgun especially. I load on single stage for precision rifle. Have gotten parts warranty before but first time had machine overhauled fantastic

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    For the money vs output, I think Dillon is absolutely the best reloaders, regardless of which machine one may have.

I love, love my RL and super 1050s.

I sent my 550 and RL1050 to Dillon for rebuilding (bought them used) and they only charged me to rebuild the 1050 and to ship them- they waived the rebuild fee on the 550. That was in 2008? iirc.

I'm a Dillon customer for life.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    For the money vs output, I think Dillon is absolutely the best reloaders, regardless of which machine one may have.

I love, love my RL and super 1050s.

I sent my 550 and RL1050 to Dillon for rebuilding (bought them used) and they only charged me to rebuild the 1050 and to ship them- they waived the rebuild fee on the 550. That was in 2008? iirc.

I'm a Dillon customer for life.
    That's no surprise since the 1050 is considered a commercial machine and not covered by the same warranty.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    RL 1000
    3 550s
    hornady lnl
    lnl lasted coupla weeks b4 i got rid of it
    now only have the 550 of the dillon line, regret selling the others
    2 single stages
    no question dillon rules the progressive press hands down. ask david tubbs what he owns

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Good to hear, Never knew they would rebuild one for you.
    I have had a 650 for many years setup in 9mm. I moved and it got tilted and moved many times. So I finally bought a strong mount and a roller handle and just got it set back up. It was really jammed up with primers in the plate crooked, the case slide was split etc. Figured I had nothing to lose so i took it apart. I need to get a couple of locator buttons etc and am contemplating a caliber conversion to 45LC as I have enough 9mm for the amount of shooting I manage to get out and do nowadays. But the cost of changing the case feed plate, dies etc. appears to be about $180. Not sure I can even as I do not see myself shooting 500+reds of 45LC anytime soon. And I am guessing at cost of components.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Call Dillon regarding the damage parts. They'll send the parts to you for free.

I've had green and red single stage presses over the years. But now bench is all blue. I use a 650 for high volume reloading. I recently purchased a 550C for reloading my precision calibers like 6.5 CM, .224 Valkyrie and some other calibers. I use a A&D Fx120i with Auto Trickler/Throw to drop the powder then manually charge the case. The press has Whidden floating tools heads and produces ammo as accurate as single stages I've used in the past.

Rocky Carey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    Ed308 I use single stage for rifle precision loads a Forster and Redding great presses. I use 550 for other rifle loads and pistol loads I don’t have many of. I use the 650 for high volume pistols. My question is how precise is the 550 with floating toolheads? On runout and seat depth will it hold consistently? I know David Tubbs uses one but curious how accurate it is?
    Anything else you do on 550 for accuracy?
    Thanks
    Rocky

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I find it to be very consist. But I haven't shot great distances with my setup. I try to stick to Redding or Forster dies whenever possible. I do separate runs for decap and resize of the brass. Then drop the powder and seat the bullet on another run. I figured if the AMU is using them for competition, why not.

My system is similar to F Class John in the following videos. I use the Area 419 funnel with their adaptor.

Last edited:

Rocky Carey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    Thanks I use Redding and Forster dies and same on presses. Never seen better runout than a Forster press but I do love Blue.Might have try 550 out. I do everything separate on precision rounds as well

Top Bottom