• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, just now remembered that I had a dash cam plugged in for several days, noticed it when I put the windows up, and haven't driven the truck since Friday.

That could explain the dead battery.

I had that issue on a couple of mine. A buddy told me to use distilled water only in my batteries. It made a difference. They seem to last longer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Then it was drained for too long. It needs a slow trickle charge. If doesn't take a charge. It's trash.

If you take by a shop that sells batteries. They can load test it. That's the final word on the condition of the battery. It's a hand held device with two jumper cable leads. AutoZone should have one. Maybe Wal-Mart.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Then it was drained for too long. It needs a slow trickle charge. If doesn't take a charge. It's trash.

If you take by a shop that sells batteries. They can load test it. That's the final word on the condition of the battery. It's a hand held device with two jumper cable leads. AutoZone should have one. Maybe Wal-Mart.
    It showed 100% charged last night with my battery charger. Dead today.
    Already picked up a new one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It showed 100% charged last night with my battery charger. Dead today.
    Already picked up a new one.

When batteries go bad. They'll take what's known as a Surface Charge. It's not a deep charge and won't last as long. It'll appear charged but it'll discharge really fast.

You'll see battery chargers say Deep Cycle. It's suppose to charge the battery past the surface charge. However if the battery is crap. It won't take a deep charge no matter what. The deciding factor on if it's life span is up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Back in the day they were a good battery in my opinion not anymore No thanks

I have one I abuse. I've yanked it in and out the car. Set it on hot concrete in the sun for hours. I've tipped it over by kicking it and have recharged the thing from dead at least 6 times. I've used it to jump a motorcycle. I store it with a battery maintainer.

It's taken everything I've thrown at it and it'll start the camaro like it's brand new.

I have a POS Wal-Mart battery sitting on the back porch. It couldn't take the same abuse. Now it's a weight.

Optima puts up with me so I'll put up with Optima. I think it's a bada$$ battery. Well worth the $250. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    glad you got a good one.

Enjoy it

I have one I abuse. I've yanked it in and out the car. Set it on hot concrete in the sun for hours. I've tipped it over by kicking it and have recharged the thing from dead at least 6 times. I've used it to jump a motorcycle. I store it with a battery maintainer.

It's taken everything I've thrown at it and it'll start the camaro like it's brand new.

I have a POS Wal-Mart battery sitting on the back porch. It couldn't take the same abuse. Now it's a weight.

Optima puts up with me so I'll put up with Optima. I think it's a bada$$ battery. Well worth the $250. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Top Bottom