• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I am trying to help my dad set up his Sennheiser RS 175 wireless headphones . He misplaced the adapter that goes with the RCA cable. But he had the Optical cable, so I used that. He is not getting a signal yet, so I am thinking we need to change the setting for audio out to PCM. Anyone know how to do that? I had DirecTV years ago, but don't know where to tell him to look. Help?
    Venture Surplus ad

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    probably have to do that with the TV remote
    Not direct
    I considered that, but it's Plugged into the optical port on the DirecTV box. But it's possible it needs to be switched over. I am not sure the TV even has an optical audio out...we'd likely be back to the wired Approach.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Which DTV Box is he using?
    I can't answer that, but I do have an update!

His original DTV box had regular component audio RCA jacks and my son in law hooked up their old headphones to it. Worked for a couple of years. They got an updated box that Had no component outputs. I researched it And found I needed a custom cable that broke the outputs out. Stopped In at the Hondo Radio Shack and the Guy worked on DTV boxes. Said "I know just the cable you need. Got one here in my drawer. Worked for about a year. Enter new headphones and yet another new DTV box. I hooked up via the optical out.
    Tonight I found the setting On the DTV box to enable PCM. Something about turning Dolby OFF. Worked immediately.

Thanks, all, for playing. We have success.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    After several decades of DirecTV, I'll be shutting it off in a few weeks as my wife retires. I should have cut them off years ago.

Top Bottom