• ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Caution: Post contains Bitchy Whining

So I bought into the hype and ordered the IWB and OWB with a total of 3 shells back in January. Initial impressions were nice quality and materials. Modular design and interchangeable parts seemed cool.
    Threw it all in my parts bin.

Fast forward to 4 days ago, LTC came in the mail. Put my P320 in the OWB and immediately thought "Lord Almighty this is a bulky holster"
    Switched out the paddle for the belt slide and got a 7% improvement.

Slid my P220 into the IWB and slid her in at my preferred 3:00, holster laughed and said "nice try!" The huge and rigid shell gave me a big middle finger.

So I emailed Alien Gear and said "hey i know it's past 30 days, i got my LTC 2 days ago and these don't work with my wardrobe or body type"

To which they responded "sorry, no refunds past 30 days, let us know if you want more holsters"

OK, so I know it's 100% my fault, and I know it's pretty despicable to assume a company would bend the rules a bit (though most 2a companies usually try to uphold some sort of customer-centric service). But I really thought at the very least they would try to troubleshoot it... maybe pretend they cared before giving me the shaft? A simple "did you try this?" would have been appreciated.

Oh well, I'm a cheap bastard that earns his income away from my wife and 4 young children. I will be forcing myself to get accustomed to these. Wearing the P320 IWB this week to see if it gets better with break in.

FWIW, the swappable shells isn't as convenient as it seems. I'd rather have dedicated holsters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    For Cheap but quality IWB I'm a big fan of the CBST in Horsehide

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    did you just say give me my money back after the 30 days was up or did you ask for suggestions to fix the problem. If you asked they may have had answers.

Any time you add a substantial weight on your belt its going to be uncomfortable for a while. You have to give it a chance you have to move it around some till you find that sweet spot.

Live and learn put it for sale here on the forsale section and get 75% of your cash back.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    For Cheap but quality IWB I'm a big fan of the CBST in Horsehide

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...
    those have always been very popular, I should hsve grabbed one
    Did you have the pistol at the time you received the holsters?
    yes, which would fall under "100% my fault"
    did you just say give me my money back after the 30 days was up or did you ask for suggestions to fix the problem. If you asked they may have had answers.

Any time you add a substantial weight on your belt its going to be uncomfortable for a while. You have to give it a chance you have to move it around some till you find that sweet spot.

Live and learn put it for sale here on the forsale section and get 75% of your cash back.
    I just asked if it was possible to still return them. I'm not saying I need suggestions or alternatives, I'm saying that's what a sales organization should provide their customers in terms of solutions for dissatisfaction.

I warned y'all this was a bitchy and whiny post.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yeah, I was bought an alien gear iwb,owb, and mag holster. I hate the iwb because it's big and uncomfortable. The owb holster is huge. The mag holder is also huge and flimsy. I occasionally use the owb for when I'm working in the yard just to make myself feel better about being duped. Originally they sent the wrong shell with my holster. They did send me the correct one after I returned the wrong one. This process took me over the 30 day mark and they wouldn't take back the holsters. They would take back the 1 shell they sent.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Try this. Unload your P320 and tuck it into your belt. Feels big and bulky right? It's a big gun! Also the pants you are wearing are made to fit you. Add a gun and they are to small. That's an easy fix right? Loose weight or buy bigger pants. Not saying you are fat just trying to help you fit your holster. Most of us have a box of holsters and one or two we wear most of the time. A belt made for holding a gun helps tremendously. A tackticool belt or dress belt won't hold up your pants or be comfortable.

You say this is your first holster and you just got your CHL. Now we need to tell you all the stuff the gun rags won't tell you. Like you need bigger pants. And we need to dispel all the myths that the gun rags spout. Like there is a better holster. You got to learn to carry what you have. Learn how to make it comfortable. What seems big right now is really pretty slim. We just got to get you over the hump and into wearing it. Mindset over gear chasing.

Oh and 3:00 carry is a bad idea. Move it back or forward and it will ride much easier. Right on the hip bone is great with a duty belt but if you look at your body it's an ellipse a putting a square box on the end won't make it hide or carry well. Slip it along the side and it become easier.
    A and C lay along the body while B sticks out
    dd554e81d6ad81757c415458455d4aef.jpg

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I thought I wanted to wear my holster at 3:00 too. Scoot it back a little and it'll be more comfortable. It also takes a little getting used to. I have Alien Gear as my backup because it's just not as comfortable as my CBST. Give it another shot by wearing it around the house for a while.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Yeah, I was bought an alien gear iwb,owb, and mag holster. I hate the iwb because it's big and uncomfortable. The owb holster is huge. The mag holder is also huge and flimsy. I occasionally use the owb for when I'm working in the yard just to make myself feel better about being duped. Originally they sent the wrong shell with my holster. They did send me the correct one after I returned the wrong one. This process took me over the 30 day mark and they wouldn't take back the holsters. They would take back the 1 shell they sent.

Try this. Unload your P320 and tuck it into your belt. Feels big and bulky right? It's a big gun! Also the pants you are wearing are made to fit you. Add a gun and they are to small. That's an easy fix right? Loose weight or buy bigger pants. Not saying you are fat just trying to help you fit your holster. Most of us have a box of holsters and one or two we wear most of the time. A belt made for holding a gun helps tremendously. A tackticool belt or dress belt won't hold up your pants or be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    studenygreg pretty much sums it up. I have a galco v-hawk IWB that carries a full size P220 just fine. also a N82 for my XDs (albeit a small gun) that works well, as well.

Biggest gripes are the shells are so broad and rigid, IWB would be best at SOB and OWB is just a huge, huge protrusion.

I think I'd be better served with those flimsy custom kydex holsters for OWB and something like the CTSB or similar for IWB. Also a nice leather pancake for my 1911s.

I wish I had done more research on these. They are marketed very well, but you don't realize how massive and rigid that shell is until it's in your hands or on your hip

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    My current favorite holsters are from bladetech and On your 6 holsters. They are simple, inexpensive, and well made. Another plus is I can easily dremel, cut, smooth, and polish any area I need to. My other reason for On your 6 holsters is they are about 15 min away from my house. I can get one made specifically for my gun while I wait. So I am a bit biased because of that.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    AG 2.0 was my first iwb holster. I use a g30s as my ccw. It was a good holster for me. I carry close to 4:00 instead of 3:00. Only issue I had was the plastic clips and with my tactical shelf the back would start to droop over making it fun to reholster. It sits comfortable with the neoprene backing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    A sales organization you bought from knowing you had 30 days to return, should extend it just for you. So why not make it 45 days or 60 90, How long does it take to decide a holster is the right one for you. 30 days is way more than enough.

If you chose not to utilize the time given thats on you.

those have always been very popular, I should hsve grabbed one

yes, which would fall under "100% my fault"

I just asked if it was possible to still return them. I'm not saying I need suggestions or alternatives, I'm saying that's what a sales organization should provide their customers in terms of solutions for dissatisfaction.

I warned y'all this was a bitchy and whiny post.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    A sales organization you bought from knowing you had 30 days to return, should extend it just for you. So why not make it 45 days or 60 90, How long does it take to decide a holster is the right one for you. 30 days is way more than enough.

If you chose not to utilize the time given thats on you.
    never said it wasn't on me. I know its 100% my fault. I'm just completely blown away at how cumbersome these things are (considering the marketing and the reviews).

Seems if you dig deep enough, you'll find a lot of people with the same opinion. But the reviews are flooded with positives.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought I wanted to wear my holster at 3:00 too. Scoot it back a little and it'll be more comfortable. It also takes a little getting used to. I have Alien Gear as my backup because it's just not as comfortable as my CBST. Give it another shot by wearing it around the house for a while.

Yep, I can't carry at 3 IWB. Much more comfortable at the 4-430 position. Conceals better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    And, as I've said before, if you go to swapping shells on that Alien Gear OWB, don't forget to use blue or purple Loctite. Those screws WILL work themselves loose.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    the screws were loose already, from what I read they are all like that for end-user adjustability/final fitment. I've got blue loctite on there now.

I may give 4:00-5:00 another shot. I initally wore my Galco like that years ago, and switched when I got the N82 for my XDs, I found 3:00-3:30 more comfortable.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I have been wearing one AG at 5 o'clock and in an experiment, I also got a left hand shell and wear it at 5 o'clock with the rig tilted to the right as much as the adjustments allow. That rig is really nice as it allows draw much easier for my old worn out shoulder joint to twist and pull.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I also got a left hand shell and wear it at 5 o'clock with the rig tilted to the right as much as the adjustments allow. That rig is really nice as it allows draw much easier for my old worn out shoulder joint to twist and pull.
    How do you draw without the firearm sweeping your leg?

Top Bottom