• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I am not going to engage in an argument with a law enforcement officer at the spot where I am stopped.

Nothing ever good happens when you argue with the officer that stops you. Quick recent story - I got the boss with me and we are going to a nice hotel to pick someone up. Due to a Stars game, the road is blocked and one deputy tells me to go down and make a U-Turn. She meant at the light but didn't say that and I turned around in a spot that was marked no U Turn (no traffic at the time) I approach the street again and another DSO deputy motions me over and starts to give me a ration of crap about turning there. I'm apologetic and try to tell him we are just trying to get to the hotel. My boss (who is definitely A type personalty) begins to argue with him and say that the female told us to make the U Turn (which she did). I smooth it over and we head to the hotel. My boss tells me the deputy didn't have to be so rude. I agree but tell him it is just easier to apologize and just move on. The deputy was a complete ass and I could have pulled my credentials and got in a pissing match with him but that would only cause way more problems. I understood why he was miffed but c'mon you blocked the road and there was no traffic coming when I made the U turn. There was no need to be a *ick about it.
    DK Firearms

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Gotta love that more roads are being built for higher speed limits ... offering local towns the ability for more revenue from speed traps. ;)

Was glad to see the speed limit raised a few years ago to 75 on much of Hwy 59, South of Texarkana ... which means most can now drive 90, but then have to inexplicably drop down to 55 mph for miles on end ... on the same well engineered, rural highway. WTH?

Loved driving in Europe. Bought a BMW 2002ti in 1972 in Germany and routinely drove it at 120 mph on the Autobahn, only passed by the proverbial "white Mercedes", coming up from behind, flashing its lights.

Also drove my "$50 Volkswagen", passed down from generations of US soldiers and overhauled on the mess hall table, which took about ten minutes to get up 80 mph, but would stay there all day.

Wrecks were few and far between, but the ones that happened were doozies ...

Top Bottom