• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It is a plastic card, credit card size with a barcode on it. You scan the card and 10% comes off the top. If you use the regular checkout they scan the card, 10% off the top and usually they say thank you for your service. My daughter has used the card too. Someone said Home Depot gives a discount but my understanding is that they only do that at veterans day but I may be wrong.

Yes, I get it's a credit card size or keychain thing, but if I carried one of those for each and every store I ever shopped at, I'd need a dolly to carry my wallet / key chain.

And I believe the official Home Depot policy is only for Veterans day, but they often will give you a discount, but ring it up as some other discount to get around not having the full time Veteran discount. But I have had them tell me no before.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    3b9787957f00b0b953a4c581b7796206.jpg

Attachments

• 3b9787957f00b0b953a4c581b7796206.jpg
      3b9787957f00b0b953a4c581b7796206.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 987

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yes, I get it's a credit card size or keychain thing, but if I carried one of those for each and every store I ever shopped at, I'd need a dolly to carry my wallet / key chain.

And I believe the official Home Depot policy is only for Veterans day, but they often will give you a discount, but ring it up as some other discount to get around not having the full time Veteran discount. But I have had them tell me no before.
    I just answered a question. I don't carry any other discount cards with me to weigh me down. Do you have any info on another possible discount card that I should look into? My wallet has room. Never tried to get a discount at Home Depot as a veteran. We all know that these discount cards are a marketing gimmick. They don't really care about your service, they just want your business. It's just like spending money for advertising. It works too as I seldom go to Home Depot.
    Thank you for your service.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    For those who imbibe, Spec's gives their case discount to Veteran's (on top of the cash discount). Be sure and identify yourself before the transaction starts.
    Wish I had known. A bottle of Leadslingers with a vet discount would be nice. I’ll pay the price anyway, but a mil discount for whiskey made by vets would be cool.

YUT!!!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Lately Home Depot is giving a discount every time I say veteran and show my DL. Apple discounts iphones, perhaps more ordered direct, Dell also does discount.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I didn't get the Veteran label on my DL because I didn't know about the option until after I was at the counter and didn't have my DD214 with me. I figured I'd never really been asked for an ID so I could get any sort of a discount so no big deal, I'll just do it next time.

I was at Cavenders yesterday picking up a new pair of boots and a couple of shirts. The cashier asked me if I was in the Marines (likely due to my ball cap that said so). Then she said, "can you prove it?"

Having never been asked that before I just stared at her for a second and said what? She said if you can prove you're a vet I can give you a 10% discount. I renewed my CHL earlier this year and the new LTC is stamped Veteran on it, so I pulled that out and showed it to her and said this says I'm a Vet.

She didn't even bat an eye. Just looked at it like it was any other form of ID, said that works, and gave me a 10% discount.

Anyone know of other stores that offer a discount for non-active or non-retired Vets? I kinda like getting those discounts.

F350-6,

IF you lived in The Alamo City, i.e., Military City USA & were wearing a military veteran's cap, chances are that you would NOT even be asked for "proof" that you are a GI.

Here in SATX, vets often get DOUBLE discounts, i.e., the "sale price" plus another 10-15% AND several restaurants here have FREE meals for GIs on "military-related holidays".

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    F350-6,

IF you lived in The Alamo City, i.e., Military City USA & were wearing a military veteran's cap, chances are that you would NOT even be asked for "proof" that you are a GI.

Here in SATX, vets often get DOUBLE discounts, i.e., the "sale price" plus another 10-15% AND several restaurants here have FREE meals for GIs on "military-related holidays".

yours, satx

That's actually how I found out about some of these discounts in the beginning. Wearing a ball cap that said US Marines on it. I was at Cavendars and the little girls asked if I was in the Marines. I said yes. She said, then you get a 10% discount.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All in/near SATX,

Fwiw, TEN WEST TACTICAL gives discount FFL transfers to GIs & First Responders..
    (NO, I do NOT work for the company.)

yours, satx

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    My bank offers my credit card with a service logo on it. Mine has the EGA, which I use for almost all purchases. It has often triggered the veteran discount when I didn't know it was offered.

Top Bottom