Disguising your AR

Discussion in 'Articles & How-Tos' started by TX69, Apr 16, 2013.

1. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Just curious about in what scenario would you need to disguise you AR in this manner?

2. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I guess if you wanted to walk a country road with your son as he works on his Eagle Scout requirements and did not want to be confronted by police on a MWAG call. [​IMG]

3. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Precisely.

4. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So far no one has given it a second glance. I am looking for a longer and bigger chair bag to put a rifle length AR in.

5. Greg_TX

Greg_TX Well-Known

Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I use a guitar case for mine. The soft cases with padding aren't too expensive, and the better ones have zippered storage pockets. There's plenty of room for even the most dressed-up rifle that won't fit in a regular case. I don't use it for stealth, I just have several lying around and figured that was the easiest solution.

6. The_Hunter

The_Hunter Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    It may just be the fuzzy pic but it looks like the rear site is on backwards

7. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks like a gas block with a built-in flip up.

8. The_Hunter

The_Hunter Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I would agree that's why I said rear site

9. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    LOL, read it wrong, sorry.

10. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Getting in and out of your house without letting your neighbors know it is a rifle. Down at my parents we think there is a neigbor's son who is a rat and scopes the comings and going of the rest of the neighbors in the area. He tells his buddies in crime and they put the house on the list to hit.

Rifles cases are very recognizable. If there is a rifle in the house, there may be other nice gun related items, even more guns inside that would make a nice score.