• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Getting in and out of your house without letting your neighbors know it is a rifle. Down at my parents we think there is a neigbor's son who is a rat and scopes the comings and going of the rest of the neighbors in the area. He tells his buddies in crime and they put the house on the list to hit.

Rifles cases are very recognizable. If there is a rifle in the house, there may be other nice gun related items, even more guns inside that would make a nice score.

Now that makes sense! Thanks Shorts.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It may just be the fuzzy pic but it looks like the rear site is on backwards

They're on there correctly. The rifle is a Sabre M5 Carbine I bought the day after the Kenyan won his first seat. I named her "Sarah". The sights are YHM that came with the rifle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Getting in and out of your house without letting your neighbors know it is a rifle. Down at my parents we think there is a neigbor's son who is a rat and scopes the comings and going of the rest of the neighbors in the area. He tells his buddies in crime and they put the house on the list to hit.

Rifles cases are very recognizable. If there is a rifle in the house, there may be other nice gun related items, even more guns inside that would make a nice score.
    This... I always load my guns up in the garage before opening the door for this reason...
    I bought a Wilson 3 racquet padded tennis racquet bag for my AR pistol. I keep a 20 in it and the sling attached, then also keep a cheap racquet that I bought, wrapped in a t-shirt that I also keep in the bag to give it more of a racquet shape. I can keep three 30 round mags in the outside pocket. Plus, the bag is red and black and has "Wilson" written across it in big letters - totally non-threatening. I don't ever use it, but I figure if I have to pose as a tennis player on PP job, I'll be ready.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Cheap folding chair bag plus one 4" PVC end cap.

20130416_095318_zps5bd9b0ac.jpg

Get any color you want and stencil anything you want on the outside. Will not take standard capacity mags but the smaller ones might fit.

20130416_095416_zps839c11dc.jpg

GREAT IDEA brotha, thanks for sharing

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    My neighbors all pretty keep to themselves and probably wouldn't notice, but if they saw me leaving with the guitar case, they'd probably say to themselves "Thank God he's going somewhere else to play that thing!" :p

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    They're on there correctly. The rifle is a Sabre M5 Carbine I bought the day after the Kenyan won his first seat. I named her "Sarah". The sights are YHM that came with the rifle.

I was just about to ask, too. I have Troy Micro Battles on my AR and the rear flip-up is oriented to fold backwards, too.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Excellent idea. There's nothing suspicious about a folding chair bag. Only thing is that every time I see one now I'll think of an AR. Lol

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    IIRC, a 20 round magazine is the same length as the pistol grip. That should work.

I didn't try it but I have a new one sitting here. I suppose I should look and see for myself lol duh

RugerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Yes well not all of us live in nice communities or residential areas. I live in an apartment complex and donot know 95% of my neighbors. I'd rather be inconspicuous then have my door booted in when I was at work.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think we can all just agree that there are times you don't want people to know that you're carrying a rifle. Specific circumstances might vary, but I'm sure everybody can think of a situation where this info could be handy.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Honestly, I thought this was an old trick lol. I've kept it in the back if my mind more as something for if there was a collapse in society and I wanted a way to transport my gun without drawing attention. Its either that or break it down and pack it in my back pack with my clothes.

I highly doubt I'll ever need to do this though.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have carried a 1919 beltfed mg in and out of office towers in downtown Houston on numerous occasions in a golf bag.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I think we can all just agree that there are times you don't want people to know that you're carrying a rifle. Specific circumstances might vary, but I'm sure everybody can think of a situation where this info could be handy.

Our neighbor behind us is the nosey kind. Both the husband and wife have pissed off most of their neighbors (including us) with their shenanigans. When I leave to go the the range I make sure they are not watching and have most of my bags and things wrapped over with a blanket. We have to disguise are shooting wares because of them.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Our neighbor behind us is the nosey kind. Both the husband and wife have pissed off most of their neighbors (including us) with their shenanigans. When I leave to go the the range I make sure they are not watching and have most of my bags and things wrapped over with a blanket. We have to disguise are shooting wares because of them.

Call the police and bring charges against them for invasion of privacy lol. Its my backyard for a reason. Quit staring into it

sent from my dishwasher

Top Bottom