• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Call the police and bring charges against them for invasion of privacy lol. Its my backyard for a reason. Quit staring into it

sent from my dishwasher

Haha- yeah they are a whole nother thread lol
    Hurley's Gold

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    You could probably get a lot of gear in a baseball bag also.

homerun-louisville-slugger-equipment-bag-lockl-pro-locker-bag.jpg

(Hard not to post that picture of an AR in a Sprite box from this email exchange ;) E-mails from an Asshole)

A bat bag works perfect. I bought an Easton bag at Sports Authority for $14 a couple weeks ago.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I used the chair bag a week ago for my beowulf. It has the A-1 stock and 16" barrel. It printed heavily when carried by the strap. I put in a stick mag and wrapped the rifle in towels. It was very well disguised, walked through a hotel lobby filled with people. Not a single complaint or stare. Must say thanks for the idea. I was very nervous about bringing my rifle before reading this thread.

Derek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I guess if you wanted to walk a country road with your son as he works on his Eagle Scout requirements and did not want to be confronted by police on a MWAG call.
    mfr_lol.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Guys y dou

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Since this thread resurfaced I checked the 20's and they do work. I am going to buy a better (larger) chair bag and stencil spray paint some soccer balls on them.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Our neighbor behind us is the nosey kind. ... We have to disguise are shooting wares because of them.
    Why? What would they do? I'm trying to figure out how anybody could cause me trouble just because they know I have guns.

I'm serious. I've had nosy neighbors and it never stopped me from shooting air guns in the back yard, cleaning my guns on the picnic table in the back yard, or loading up the vehicle in plain sight of anyone.

Are you saying they'd give the info to unsavory people who would rob your home when you're away? That's the only thing that comes to my mind.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm trying to figure out how anybody could cause me trouble just because they know I have guns.

A dick neighbor can do all sorts of things. For example, he sees you cleaning your gun on your back porch.

911: What is your emergency?
    Nosy Neighbor: My neighbor is in the backyard putting a scope on a rifle and it looks like he is going to shoot someone.
    911: Police are on the way.

God help you when the police arrive.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Police can't arrest you till you committed a crime... that's how it's suppose to be anyways. I've had the sheriff visit a couple times when I first moved to my current house. Now they just drive by and wave.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Why? What would they do? I'm trying to figure out how anybody could cause me trouble just because they know I have guns.

I'm serious. I've had nosy neighbors and it never stopped me from shooting air guns in the back yard, cleaning my guns on the picnic table in the back yard, or loading up the vehicle in plain sight of anyone.

Are you saying they'd give the info to unsavory people who would rob your home when you're away? That's the only thing that comes to my mind.

No but here is what they do do.

We have been here for seven years and have watched everyone that has moved/lived around us. We are somewhat reserved people and we do not inject ourselves into others business so we do not go over or hangout at any neighbors homes. Our neighborhood is one where nobody EVER comes outside accept for "them". They in turn are into everyone's business and have fought with some of the surrounding neighbors to which they have told us about these confrontations over the years. This led us to avoid them.

The key problem is that they live in their garage morning noon and night. Since they're chain smokers they sit out there and light up and sit in plastic lawn chairs listening to the radio and watching TV. Yep, the man installed a TV in his garage so they could smoke and not miss a show I guess. Whatever. He is a heavy drinker and when he has more and more beer he gets even louer and will slam the door even harder. We know he is a beer drinker since he throws the beer bottles into the recycler bin after each one and when the bin is full, he proceeds to pour all of the cases and cases (no exaggeration) of green bottles into the big recycle can at the end of the driveway.

The disturbing part is that they "monitor" us and their other next door neighbor. When we or the other neighbor pull up in the driveway (back loader driveways here) they rush out into their garage to look and listen to what is going on. A few moments later they will either light up and/or go inside slamming the garage door. Always slamming the door.

One night about two years ago we were on our patio BBQing, having some drinks and talking. Since the man is an extremely loud person and the woman is consistently outside yelling into the phone we hear them all the time. After some food and drink we were walking towards the back of the house close to where they were smoking and yelling and my wife made "cough" "cough" "cough" noises. Terribly insensitive but the woman had been chain smoking for so long she hacks and hacks and talks and hacks and hacks some more to where its all we know about her. I chuckled at my wife's insensitive but funny actions and we kept on walking back into the house.

Forty Five minutes later the FFD hook and ladder and a smaller vehicle roll up out front of our home lights rolling. Big banging on the door and five firemen are standing there asking if we are on fire. After speaking with them for five or so minutes and explaining that we were just BBQ and eating dinner they left with the lights still rolling. My wife says that she see's the two FFD vehicles at our neighbors house and sure enough they are.

The guy was upset over my wife's coughing actions and called the FFD on us. So after all of these years of their antics and the fact that they pry into other peoples lives we hide everything we can from them. So much so that I back into the riveway to load and unload certain items (gun stuff) to maintain our privacy.

On its face it does seem silly but with the drinking and snooping we are always on high alert and take precautions to avoid them. Never know what the guy will do or who they will SWAT us with next? Tough to do when they are but 75 feet away.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    WOW! sounds like the people I have problems with in my first post here. These are not people to take lightly, they usually have MR to fuel their actions. I would certainly say to keep hiding, unless you know the judge.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Jerks, obviously. I suggest you bbq every day. After enough false calls, the FD will be looking at prosecuting them.

OK, that's a joke, but I feel for ya. I have my own lousy neighbor story but I won't tell it here. You've got a valid point and concern. I hope things get better.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Jerks, obviously. I suggest you bbq every day. After enough false calls, the FD will be looking at prosecuting them.

OK, that's a joke, but I feel for ya. I have my own lousy neighbor story but I won't tell it here. You've got a valid point and concern. I hope things get better.

Well its off track enough, why not?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well its off track enough, why not?
    OK.

Short version: He moved in next door to me and then

• operated a towing and heavy equipment hauling business from his house,
    • knocked over mailboxes with trailers and told everybody "You know what I do for a living. If your car gets hit it's your fault for parking it on the street. If your mailbox gets knocked down, well, that's why you have insurance.",
    • liked to come home at 3AM on his Harley with loud pipes (Don't get me wrong; I love bikes. My mom learned to ride on a Hydra-Glide and I'm the only guy she ever sat a p-pad with.) then spend 5 minutes revving the shit out of it, shutting it down just before any LE could arrive,
    • had the house raided twice (for what, I don't know, but this little neighborhood really didn't need every Constable in Pct. 4 on our street for 6 hours each time), and
    • finally stopped being a problem when he went away to Huntsville for murder.
    Unlike TX69's neighbor, my guy never directly attacked anyone in the neighborhood. Instead, his presence just polluted the place with a variety of problems to the point people were considering moving away.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Technically I could end the saga fairly quick. There is a provision in our HOA master bylaws that states that the garage door is to be only opened to allow cars in and out. I have yet to make that call despite these events and I have only told you guy just one of the many.

I appreciate your concern and don't worry too much as we are tough folks.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Buds just sent me a email peddling a brief case that has molded foam for you to break down and carry an AR.

As for neighbors I'm really fortunate the guy behind me is a cop, and the neighbors to the left and right have known me since diapers. And the neighbors across the street, we just walk right into each others houses. Don't even knock anymore.

Only have problems with one neighbor but it's a rental and they shade tree mechanic after dark. Which isn't a problem till they fix the car and Bounce it off the rev limiter. Which of course was about 2 am. But me and my other neighbors hanged up on him, he hasn't been a problem in the last 6 months or so.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

This.

When I go to 3 gun, I don't use cases for my shotgun and rifle. Just walk out into the driveway and load them in the back of my wagon, and off I go. Never even cared if a neighbor saw it happen, because they're going to do what?

A dick neighbor can do all sorts of things. For example, he sees you cleaning your gun on your back porch.

911: What is your emergency?
    Nosy Neighbor: My neighbor is in the backyard putting a scope on a rifle and it looks like he is going to shoot someone.
    911: Police are on the way.

God help you when the police arrive.

Yes, God help me if I have to tell the police that they don't get to come in, and no I'm not going to shoot anybody, and come back with a warrant if they really think they can get it when courts regularly rule that MWAG calls aren't enough to justify a search of someone on the street, to say nothing of breaching the sanctity of someone's home.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When we go to a match its shotgun and AR city in my driveway swaping stuff into different cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I'm carrying a shotgun, an AR, and some other stuff to my car in the morning, and back in again at the end of the day.

My response to anybody who tells me they have an issue with it would be that they can pound sand.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I don't really worry about it much. The marked Tahoe in the driveway is a giveaway there are a few guns there. It also is obviouos someone is home 24/7. Never had a lick of trouble. Getting home at o'dark thirty and making a pass through the area before bedding down kind of repels the car burglars. It does not hurt that I live in Williamson County where the hand out medals for shooting bad guys.

Top Bottom