Gun Zone Deals

DISGUSTING Snake Bite (No pics in thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    This dude (Steve Rankin) is a producer on "Man vs Wild" and a new show coming out called "Naked and Afraid", and got bitten by a snake on the foot while out scouting locations for the new show. Click on the article to view some of the pics. They are very graphic

Steve Rankin's Snake Bite Photos - Business Insider

On Tuesday, "Man vs. Wild" host Bear Grylls tweeted an utterly disgusting photo of his producer's snake-bitten foot.The identity of the man whose foot bones were exposed after the terrible bite has finally been revealed.
    Steve Rankin, a producer on the upcoming Discovery show "Naked and Afraid," tells TMZ what happened that fateful day:
    "I was scouting locations in Costa Rica ... As I was traversing through some deep jungle I was bitten on the foot by a Fer-de-Lance. It's one of the deadliest snakes in the world and the fangs went right through my boot."

Rankin says his production team "hustled him for two miles on a makeshift stretcher, drove to a helipad and had him airlifted to a San Jose hospital ... where he got antivenom and antibiotics," according to TMZ.

But once there, things went horribly wrong. [STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE GRAPHIC PHOTOS.]

"About five days later the flesh in my foot had started to rot," said Rankin, explaining that surgeons in Costa Rica had to cut away a serious chunk of his foot.
    Rankin was then rushed to L.A. for skin grafts, but tells the site he's recovering just fine.

digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    Wow. Those pics were....kinda cool.

Just glad that wasn't my foot. Glad he's doing okay.

If you have a weak stomach, don't look.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That reminds me of a friend/co-worker of mine. He and the owner were going to lunch and underneath a bush at the front of our building was a rattlesnake. He went over to pick it up, owner says "Mike, don't touch that snake." Mike picks the snake up and it starts wiggling around and he drops it. He picks the agitated snake up again and it bites him on one hand. He takes the snake across the street and lets it go in a field, comes back and says "ok, let's go to lunch." Owner says "NO, I'm taking you to the hospital" (where Mike's wife worked as a nurse.

Now the hospital is about 1 mile from work. They get to the end of the block and Mike starts saying "I don't feel good" Owner "Duh" Owner drops Mike off at the hospital and comes back inside. Mike says "You can go." Owner says "I wouldn't miss it for the world when your wife shows up."

He spent about a week there and they sliced his hand and fingers open like a slice down the length of a hotdog to relieve pressure. It was nasty.

At least we always have a Christmas party story to tell new employees.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've known many very smart people who had were very lacking in what most if us would consider common sense.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Looks like the "Invisible Man" toy...

It's ANTIVENIN, not venom!!

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Night before last I decapated the biggest copperhead that I have ever seen in in my front
    yard, about 18 inches . generaly I just get small ones that like to swim in the pool. Lol

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    There are only two kinds of snakes, 1. Dead snakes 2. Snakes that I have not killed yet. Dont give me that " Oh that rat snake is beneficial to control rodents blah blah crap". I can go buy mouse traps.

Driller

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    There are only two kinds of snakes, 1. Dead snakes 2. Snakes that I have not killed yet. Dont give me that " Oh that rat snake is beneficial to control rodents blah blah crap". I can go buy mouse traps.

Driller
    Now now, lets not get testy. You forgot 3. Fried Snake, its like chicken only better.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    The pics were actually pretty cool. Looked more like a science class model. A very clean wound.

Top Bottom