Military Camp

Dishonorable for troops refusing the vaccine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Obviously some of those commenting in this thread never had to endure this...

1634752501607.png
    Texas SOT

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

View attachment 283534

Yeah and a bunch did. "This is the one that will make you sick for 3 days (yellow fever) and this is the one that will make your arm hurt like hell (DPT).

But what I don't remember from my years in the Navy was getting a mandatory flu shot or a shot for some disease that I had already had immunity to or was virtually no threat to me or those around me.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah and a bunch did. "This is the one that will make you sick for 3 days (yellow fever) and this is the one that will make your arm hurt like hell (DPT).

But what I don't remember from my years in the Navy was getting a mandatory flu shot or a shot for some disease that I had already had immunity to or was virtually no threat to me or those around me.

All 24 years in the AF flu was a mandatory annual vaccination with very few exceptions granted.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Damn I was stupid when I was younger...
    Some of us did, and had adverse reactions to that shit and that's why we're against it.
    One of my friends developed an autoimmune disease that is linked to vaccines. He has 100% disability because of it. Myself and thousands of others had all the same shots he did; he just won the shit lottery.

All 24 years in the AF flu was a mandatory annual vaccination with very few exceptions granted.
    Could that have been related to your AFSC or command? Besides the vaccines in basic, I only had to get additional ones when I was going to deploy. If annual flu vaccine was mandatory I successfully ignored it :laughing:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I dont remember getting a flu vaccine when I was in. Just he shots at basic and then some additional ones in Okinawa. After that, nothing.

If they offered me a general discharge under honorable conditions, i'd just take it and move on with my life but thats just me

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Those of you that are veterans know they shot you up with way worse shit than the COVID vaccine, but NOW they want to bitch. It's political. Am I fan of vaccine mandates? No, but the exception is the military, you're owned by the US government, you don't have autonomy over your body once you're in there.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Could that have been related to your AFSC or command? Besides the vaccines in basic, I only had to get additional ones when I was going to deploy. If annual flu vaccine was mandatory I successfully ignored it :laughing:

The campaign usually kicked off in late Sept. I was an ops guy all my career so I can’t speak outside of that arena but I used to get a weekly status beginning in Oct of so from the MDG of every person I was responsible who had not gotten an annual flu shot. In some instances I had to annotate the member as being deployed for the reason they had not received one. Had to brief the bad boy list to the Wg/CC.

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Yeah, they're not going to be able to do much of that if any. These things are laid out in limited cases in enlistment contracts or officer accession enlistment contracts (ROTC, Medical School, etc.). Gov doesn't just get to make shit up and send you a bill. It's like the Dishonorable Discharges that Brandon thinks he can hand out by fiat.
    The Military doesn't "legally" get to make up shit and send you a bill (we all know it happens, whether it sticks or not is irrelevant).
    I have to disagree with " Gov doesn't just get to make shit up and send you a bill." That could be the abbreviated job description for Congress.

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Good for the sailors - NOT good for American security. There never should've been a mandate, they never should've been put in that situation. Bo Jiden is actively harming US national security with this nonsense.
    Those are Joe's marching orders. Scorched earth policy on capitalism and the constitutional republic.
    In order to Build Back Better EVERYTHING must be REDUCED TO RUBBLE. The country is in deeeeep Kimchi

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

This is the way that military members should be treated; honorably and fairly... from the article

"Any active-duty Navy service members who do not get fully vaccinated or do not have an approved or pending exemption will be processed for an honorable separation without involuntary separation, according to NAVADMIN 225/21, released by Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. William Lescher and Chief of Naval Personnel Vice Adm. John Nowell."
    All I know is that if this happened in the USMC anytime between 2007-2011, Id have been a free man along with everyone else in my platoon

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Could that have been related to your AFSC or command? Besides the vaccines in basic, I only had to get additional ones when I was going to deploy. If annual flu vaccine was mandatory I successfully ignored it :laughing:

Nope, the same applied to the multiple commands and locations I was stationed at during my 25 years...

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    The Military doesn't "legally" get to make up shit and send you a bill (we all know it happens, whether it sticks or not is irrelevant).
    I have to disagree with " Gov doesn't just get to make shit up and send you a bill." That could be the abbreviated job description for Congress.
    Good point. But most of the military's threats are bluster. The number of druggies, thieves, perverts, and all around miscreants that the military tolerates or 'honorably' separates is massive. JAG isn't that good at getting court martial convictions for people that are clearly guilty. CO's and Flag/General Officer commanders hate having court martials in their units and will usually Article 15 anything short of multiple homicide. The reports are already in...they are admin separating the vaccine refusers with honorable discharges. They aren't even trying for OTH's.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nope, the same applied to the multiple commands and locations I was stationed at during my 25 years...
    I was in Space Command 98-02. Never got a flu shot and don't recall anyone else doing it either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The only annual thing I remember they requiring of us was the bicycle test.
    I never got a flu shot...or my damn dental check ups either!
    Now that you mention that I do remember being hassled about dental checkups, but I was never forced to do that. Only went to the dentist once as part of the separation checklist.

Top Bottom