• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Same rumor went through NTX back in 00's.
    There was a scammer in north Texas who said Disney was going to come to north Texas (they weren't). The people he scammed lost ~$8 million dollars; he was sentenced to 17.5 years in prison.
    Interesting that the story is in the Montgomery County Police Reporter.

I think I heard the "Disney is coming to southeast Texas" story too.
    Lynx Defense

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There was a scammer in north Texas who said Disney was going to come to north Texas (they weren't). The people he scammed lost ~$8 million dollars; he was sentenced to 17.5 years in prison.

Wow did not know that part of the story. I just heard it from a Real Estate Developer.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

The North Texas 'stories' all seem to revolve around scammers.
    The Montgomery County story was that they'd already purchased upwards of 25,000 acres when the project was canceled - no scam. It's known they used a number of shell companies to buy the land in Florida, they would have likely done the same anywhere else.
    There was a LARGE tract advertised via billboard, I believe in excess of 25,000 acres, several years ago. How many tracts that large have sold in Montgomery County in the last quarter-century?

Eli

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Giggle......

"the company relented and came out in full-throated opposition to the legislation...."

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Losing $50B is a good start, but I hope they get much more serious in their losing in the very near future!!!

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The Fl bill to remove Disney jurisdiction is really funny. They are arguing that the counties must absorb the bond payments of Disney as the counties assume the assets of the area - so that would include Disney properties? As well as the debt? Would be sweet as they then could charge Disney with rent!! Yes the whole Disney deal was just lining the Dems pockets from the beginning. Place stank when I took my kids yrs ago. Universal was a little better.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    $187 to $111 per share Which is 66% of the value 6 months ago. It is just amazing how a single verbal employee can destroy a billion dollar company.
    A decade ago I bought my wife a single share certificate for $12/share. It ended up being a good purchase.
    The new Dr. Strange movie is doing well, but would have rushed to see it and now I could care less…

rjrules1909

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 26, 2021
    Austin
    **** disney parks. i hope they go broke. putting aside their politics they suck your hard earned money like leeches at their parks. everything is crazy expensive and now it costs on average $8k to take a family of 4 to disney for few days.

Also they pay their employees minumum wages with bad medical plan. so basically corporate greed at his best selling kids fantasy.

latest analysis by a person who took his family there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom