• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If the only reason she couldn’t purchase it was due to a 12 rounds magazine then it goes directly back to the idiocy of blue state gun laws.
    They have a gun roster and G26 is approved with 10 rounders.

They could have legally bought that and then picked up the +2 bases off grid.

But I guess they wanted to save money with blue label too so they went out of their way to invite the feds into their life.
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Huh? We know motivation? He could have just been a dumbass.
    Well he was certainly a dumbass, but he was told MA Law prevented him from buying the gun, and that if he was a LE he could buy it. So he decided to be an LE.

Watson called another firearms dealer and spoke with the store’s operator, who informed him that only law enforcement officers with the power to conduct arrests could purchase Glock Model 26 firearms

This only happened due to MA law. In Texas you just walk in and buy a G26 with 12 round magazines. No need to fake LE credentials.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Isn't that the definition of a "straw purchase"?
    As far as media and press conferences are concerned, yes. As far as the law goes, no. A straw purchase is when you buy a gun from a licensed dealer for somebody else who isn't allowed to buy guns.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As far as media and press conferences are concerned, yes. As far as the law goes, no. A straw purchase is when you buy a gun from a licensed dealer for somebody else who isn't allowed to buy guns.

A "straw purchase" is when you lie on the 4473 or other legal doc about being the actual buyer or buying for official purposes. Has nothing to do with the end user status, though if they were prohibited that would be an add on crime.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well he was certainly a dumbass, but he was told MA Law prevented him from buying the gun, and that if he was a LE he could buy it. So he decided to be an LE.

Watson called another firearms dealer and spoke with the store’s operator, who informed him that only law enforcement officers with the power to conduct arrests could purchase Glock Model 26 firearms

This only happened due to MA law. In Texas you just walk in and buy a G26 with 12 round magazines. No need to fake LE credentials.

And that’s my point…the dumbass gave the feds “knowingly and willingly” intent. He gave up ignorance of the law once he knew better.

The state statute was not causal for Watson’s choice to lie to an official agent (the ffl) nor falsifying a federal form (not providing his address on the 4473).

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Um OK, a few posts ago you suggested we did not know intent

I should have phrased it as Watson fulfilled the knowingly and willingly elements of his mental state to establish culpability for the crimes he committed. These requirements presume the actor specifically intended to violate one or more laws.

That’s not a motivating (causal) factor why the crime(s) were committed.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    "Justin F. Watson, 36, of Mashpee, pleaded guilty to one count of making false statements during the purchase of firearms and one count of making false statements in a record"

I'm guessing he claimed to be a real Police Officer (may be Federal crime?) and lied on the 4473 about something.........

Federal court so Federal crimes.......

Gifting a gun isn't a crime unless she paid him for the gun in advance of the purchase....or she was prohibited already....
    You would think that at the age of 36 he wouldn't be so stupid, but people constantly amaze me at their races to the bottom.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    Hunter Biden had to have lied on a 4473 about being addicted to drugs, and no one prosecuted him when he last purchased a firearm.
    The Secret Service got that squashed. Notice no one ever mentions that. The SS does not comment on their protectees. (Don't yell at me, just sayin')

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The Secret Service got that squashed. Notice no one ever mentions that. The SS does not comment on their protectees. (Don't yell at me, just sayin')
    And if there was real justice and law, every SS agent involved should have been charged as accessory to a federal gun law violation.

Chances of that happening? Slim and none.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hunter Biden had to have lied on a 4473 about being addicted to drugs, and no one prosecuted him when he last purchased a firearm.

Who says he actually bought it and that he bought it from an FFL? I haven’t filled out exactly two 4473s this century and less than ten in my lifetime. I’ve got more guns than that in my nightstand right now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom