• Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Paradise.
    Not that long ago, 20 to 30 years, we drove 114 to go from Garland to Megargel. Paradise was one of the several quiet communities we enjoyed on the drive. Lots of places to stop and check out, a pleasant country drive. As the mid cities became constipated, we switched to 380.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    Got some Hydra Shoks at Starkeys back in the day. 1986?

Sounds entirely plausible.

I went sauntering in there one day in 1993 and they had the Norinco 1911A1s for sale. I paid $210 for one of them, my first 1911. It was not the most accurate pistol around, but is was like a Toyota. I could load a mag with 7 empties and manually cycle them through it without it ever misfeeding a single one---repeatedly.

There was a guy named Juan working behind the counter. I guess he took a liking to me and gave me some really great deals on used stuff they had laying around, and a new 700 Mountain Rifle in .280 Remington. He also gave me a huge catalog to order anything I wanted through Starkey's. That catalog musta cost them $15 to print at least. Starkey jumped his ass for giving it to me because Starkey knew I didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, but ol' Juan shined him on. He was a good dude and I often wondered what became of him. I still have that catalog and use it to look up old stuff. Pretty handy to have around.

IMPD2079

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Born at the same hospital, same time frame. I miss shooting in the desert and great mexican food. Left in mid 90's and haven't had a good chile relleno since, lol. Welcome to the forum!
    My dad was stationed in the Army at White Sands. The closest Army hospital was William Beaumont Hospital at Fort Bliss In El Paso. I was born there in the early 50s.

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    Born at the same hospital, same time frame. I miss shooting in the desert and great mexican food. Left in mid 90's and haven't had a good chile relleno since, lol. Welcome to the forum!

Not sure how I missed your post!

Sounds almost like parallel lives. I last lived there in '95 myself and my own feelings about chiles rellenos is about the same. I miss me some Kiki's and would love to eat at La Posta up in Old Mesilla once again (and again and again and again...you get the picture). If it ain't made with an Anaheim, it's NOT a chile relleno!

BABBALOU1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Lewisville
    My wife is from El Paso. 6 of her siblings still live there. We made lots of trips to El Paso when her parents were still alive. Always went to Chicos Tacos. El Paso reminded me a lot of Albuquerque where I was stationed in the 90s. We were considering a move to El Paso when houses were much cheaper a few years ago but they're now just as expensive as north TX.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom