• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well that didn’t last very long! Bought a Roku Firestick once we got settled in the new house. 6-7 months later it ain’t working! The wife tried to find a customer service number with no luck. I search for a fix and there’s 18 pages worth! Next I tried YouTube and had to give up. The screen just started flashing on & off. Really hard to enter commands with it blinking!
    Guns International

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Blinking without rebooting usually indicates a loss of the clock signal. Without going all propeller hat on you, it probably isn't getting a solid connection on the port. Try the simple fixes first, unplug it from the TV and plug it in again, making sure it's fully seated. If that doesn't help, try a different HDMI port.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Blinking without rebooting usually indicates a loss of the clock signal. Without going all propeller hat on you, it probably isn't getting a solid connection on the port. Try the simple fixes first, unplug it from the TV and plug it in again, making sure it's fully seated. If that doesn't help, try a different HDMI port.
    Tried all the simple shit including changing ports. One video tells how to do things but trying to do it blinking is more then my ass can handle!

I guess I see about the warranty! I think the remote just crapped out, but I’m pretty stupid on this electronic devices!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Do a hard reset on it. Find the reset button on the unit itself, press it and hold it for about 10 seconds till it restarts. My express started doing wierd stuff the other day and ended up doing that. Don't do the reset from the menu, did that several times and nothing changed. Make sure you know your login info for all the channels you added before doing so.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Another thing worth trying that I found out the hard way was that while you can power the Streaming Stick by running the cord into the TV, it seems to work better if you plug it into a separate outlet.

If you haven't tried that already, do that and see how it works.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Do a hard reset on it. Find the reset button on the unit itself, press it and hold it for about 10 seconds till it restarts. My express started doing wierd stuff the other day and ended up doing that. Don't do the reset from the menu, did that several times and nothing changed. Make sure you know your login info for all the channels you added before doing so.
    Tried that too. Finally found a phone number. First call they hung up on me when I said return. I guess I'll see in 24 hours if the do what they said they will.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've got Roku and a TV with Firestick built in. Of the 2 I'll choose the Roku.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well it's been 7 days since I got a hold of Roku in regards to there faulty product. Every day I get a message to try all the crap I have tried. I pretty much gave up on try another power cord & supply! WTHF they think I have that crap just sitting around wait for their shit to fail!

I went so far as to ask for a replacement or refund. I guess that some english that their customer service person Suthar has no training in!

This kind of reminds me of someone who got hosed by a sponsor and is damn near called a racist to the chicoms that double charged him.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Our first streaming device was the Amazon Fire Stick. Worked great for the first six months or so, then it got to where it would just lock up, and you would have to unplug it and reset it. Got to where it was numerous times a day.

Then we tried out the Roku. Ten times better. In two and half years, I may have had to reset it a few times. Plus it was third of the price as the Fire Stick.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    People can return "Warehouse Deals" items at no cost if need be. To me the understanding is that Warehouse Deals are a risk. If I want new in the package, I buy new in the package.

I've bought some "non functional" electronics that were perfectly fine, just needed the firmware reflashed or something similar. Saved some good money too.

I've had plenty of new items not work right too. One time the wife bought some kind of light for the baby's room, and two of the LED's weren't working. She contacted them to do an exchange, they sent a new one and said keep the old one. So I pulled it all apart and found when it was assembled the wires got pinched and two of the 5 or 6 were severed. Soldered in some new wire, and it was good to go.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom