Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But nothing in this world is absolutely, 100% safe.
    You're absolutely right, of course. The only idiot-proof shooting range would be a sealed concrete bulletproof-on-all-6-sides box with only one shooter allowed inside at a time. And nobody wants to shoot under those conditions; it wouldn't be any fun.

I just think good range design is too-often neglected and could really help.
    Capitol Armory ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Have no intention of going to Europe any time soon to find out.
    Before I die, there are two matches in Europe I want to shoot. Realistically, I know it'll probably never happen. If it does, I'll post lots of pictures. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We have one; can't afford it.
    Really? If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost? I'd love to know the difference in pricing between Texas and France.

Also, just to make sure we're comparing apples to apples, could you start here: http://diapo-stel.eurostand-lorraine.com/eurostand/slides/IMG_9713.html and flip through those 72 images? It will only take you a couple of minutes. If you still say there's a range in Texas that advanced and that large then I want to know where it is so that I can make plans to visit.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Really? If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost? I'd love to know the difference in pricing between Texas and France.

Also, just to make sure we're comparing apples to apples, could you start here: http://diapo-stel.eurostand-lorraine.com/eurostand/slides/IMG_9713.html and flip through those 72 images? It will only take you a couple of minutes. If you still say there's a range in Texas that advanced and that large then I want to know where it is so that I can make plans to visit.

I have been to a lot of ranges Ben, I know of none that are that large... There are a few of the "yuppie" ranges that are that advanced though.. Defender outdoors in Fort Worth and "The Range" in Austin, but their membership prices would make you gag.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

I was referring to this: http://www.therangeaustin.com/
    It's not nearly as expansive as Eurostand looks to be and is all indoor, but it's a "country club" type range.

Looks like they've started offering more affordable memberships since the last time I looked. To get the actual country club experience is quite a chunk of change, tho.

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Ricochet a ricochet?

The guy shooting steel at a couple arm's lengths!

I would, were I he, be wearing a mouth guard and some protection for my nads!!!

Makes my OP point, which is a glancing ricochet retains most of it's velocity.

Very interesting contribution, that vid is.
    THKS
    np :-)

Top Bottom