• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It doesn’t really seem to fit in the back of the receiver does it? If you look at the pic very closely it looks to me like part of the case should sit proud of the outside of the receiver. Like they drilled the hole and had to mill thru the side of the receiver to get the case to be in the position it’s in. This would obviously expose the round and make the spoil the trap.
    I am guessing with Halloween coming up this is another case of a bogus story like razor blades in apples or poison fruit.
    Fake news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Somebody sure went through a lot of effort to make something that doesn't work.

I think it would be easy enough to track down the person that made the modification.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Since I have a habit of cleaning and lubing guns after I buy them, real story or fake news, I think I would find such a booby trap and I certainly would track down someone that did that.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Saw this posted elsewhere and someone said that model Winchester shotgun has a pre drilled hole in that spot from the factory.......I am not familiar with the model, so I personally don't know...doesn't explain the cartridge being there.....I doubt it would ignite the primer, jmho....

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    One thing I'm curious about is assuming that receiver is aluminum on that shotgun, can it with stand the pressure of the cartridge to make it act as a makeshift gun barrel? Regardless, I know it's still extremely dangerous.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    One thing I'm curious about is assuming that receiver is aluminum on that shotgun, can it with stand the pressure of the cartridge to make it act as a makeshift gun barrel? Regardless, I know it's still extremely dangerous.

It’s acting as a breach face. The cartridge would sit in a bored out area of the wooden stock. Depending on how deep the bore hole is you might get the bullet up to speed. More than likely it would just pop and shatter the pistol grip.
    There would need to be a corresponding pin welded to the back of the bolt face to strike the primer.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Saw this posted elsewhere and someone said that model Winchester shotgun has a pre drilled hole in that spot from the factory.......I am not familiar with the model, so I personally don't know...doesn't explain the cartridge being there.....I doubt it would ignite the primer, jmho....

It is possible that a random round somehow made it's way into the action and got inserted into that hole. Unlikely, but possible. There was a pretty good sized dent next to the primer. A mm or so over, and it might have gone off.

Top Bottom