• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Maybe I'll stop identifying myself as Caucasian... I think I will identify as European-American... I'll take my new entitlements now, thank you very much
    DK Firearms

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    People still watch commercials? Between DVRs and streaming, the only ones that I see anymore are on YouTube... and those seem to be mostly for AR500 armor lately.

And thanks Dred for your thoughts. Agree wholeheartedly about the SJW picture... we have a generation that hates themselves and their past. It would be amusing if it wasn’t so concerning.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I despise commercials...which is sorta ironic because we made TV commercials (and ads for all media) in my previous life.

But it’s been years since I’ve watched commercial TV.

Advertising has become a way for companies to signal virtue that has no bearing in truth.

The prime example was a Saturn commercial from way back when. The spot touted “a new kind of car company” that was so focused on the consumer, they built a $100,000 park in Spring Hill, TN, near the factory...to “give back” to the community.

Then GM spent tens of millions of dollars letting people know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Maybe I'll stop identifying myself as Caucasian... I think I will identify as European-American... I'll take my new entitlements now, thank you very much
    I too have wondered about this kind of labeling. Is an Afro-American necessarily black? Plenty of whites have come here from Africa. Does European-American guarantee that one is white? Does someone's family birthplace guarantee their race? Obviously not but why does Afro-American seem to denote black?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Mandatory PC complexion shades, skinny jeans, upspeak voice, and a scraggly, half-ass, beard ... the latter a sign of 1 % less testosterone levels/year for 40 years?

Get off my lawn, you pesky whippersnappers ... ;)

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm posting for any of y'all that want or need a black guys perspective. For the record, I'm a conservative black guy that is very sophisticated in my media selections.

1. I did notice that I was not represented in advertising for the first 40 years of my life outside the BET network. By not represented, I mean presumptively under represented.

2. I agree that representation of black folk has been increasing dramatically for the last 15 or so years.

3. I agree that black folks are presently grossly over represented.

4. I hardly care. I got over it long before my 40th trip round the sun.

What is interesting to me is the apparent picture that white sjw turds outnumber black folks at blm protests, riots and other liberal media sponsored terroristic insurgent events.

I'm even further perplexed by the obvious and deliberate stoking of racial tensions that the liberal sjw movement is facilitating and encouraging.

Y'all really concerned about which folks are being represented in marketing materials? Grow up and get over it - until they acknowledge that they are actually counting, the fact that you ARE counting reflects poorly on YOU.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

I don't care about skin color. But I do mind the homosexuality being pushed as normal. Dads being portrayed as weak and/or idiotic, etc.

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    the commercials that have been produced over the past several years do more to turn me off of product rather than entice me to buy it, it has nothing to do with race or sexual preference, they are just so stupid that they leave a negative
    impression with me, so when commercials come on now, that is my que to go to the kitchen for a snack or take care of something that I was putting off until a commercial break

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    There’s a huge gap in ratio of commercials & their pushed “diversity”. I wondered if I was the only one who noticed. I just get tired of seeing some fruit that will tune meat whistle pop up on my screen every commercial break of the news or sports.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I don't care about skin color. But I do mind the homosexuality being pushed as normal. Dads being portrayed as weak and/or idiotic, etc.
    That's a very tough call for me. I don't have school age children, but if I did the remote would have a spot in the gun safe.

Padlocks on computer keyboards too.

Only way I imagine resolving would be to return to my early years when TV Time was family time and dad ran the remote. Yes, I was that remote. Computer would be same same.

Friends can come here, but you can't go to their house. Fishing, biking, hiking allowed without direct supervision.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    YouTub is worse.... They push woke messages and lectures constantly. Goldurned tired of it all!!! At least I can use the "Skip" tab most of the time. If not, the "mute" button on the remote still works but is getting worn out quickly.

And I refuse to watch any sports because of their messaging and commentators that insist on political statements!

This is where Netflix (bless their sweet little hearts for having O'bummer etc) and Prime Video shine because of no commercials.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    YouTub is worse.... They push woke messages and lectures constantly. Goldurned tired of it all!!! At least I can use the "Skip" tab most of the time. If not, the "mute" button on the remote still works but is getting worn out quickly.

And I refuse to watch any sports because of their messaging and commentators that insist on political statements!

This is where Netflix (bless their sweet little hearts for having O'bummer etc) and Prime Video shine because of no commercials.
    NetFlix supports pedophilia and BLM. No thanks Cuties!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    NetFlix supports pedophilia and BLM. No thanks Cuties!

(bless their sweet little hearts for having O'bummer etc)

Yah, I think that's probably covered by the "etc" in the quote above. :)

I cancelled Netfux when they hired O'bummer and also because they prefer and support liberal/leftist producers, etc, but other TV was so bad that I eventually went back. You really can't get away from the schit and TV is my major hobby now. Sigh. Life sho gets tejus don't it???

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It is a matter of over-compensation to minorities. For many years, many commercials, and TV programs were geared toward the white middle class. Blacks were usually portrayed as thugs, servants, lower income and other stereotypes. Many were never portrayed as middle or upper class.

I do believe in equality for everyone, regardless of race or gender, or any other factors. Everyone should have an equal opportunity in this country. But what does piss me off is when they promote or glorify any race at the expense of white people. That is reverse racism.

Top Bottom