• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    There is an agenda there and too many are too stupid to see it. While i do not like nazis or their types when they were marching in charlotsville about "You will not replace us" They were being correct. liberals and demcorats want to especially replace white conservative men. its bad enough that many "white" people help with this. I mean remember Biden is "white" yet is so hostile to his own race as most of the party is its pathetic.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think diversity is good, until it's being forced upon is at every facet of our lives, or at the expense of one race over another.

When they are pointing out that being white is a privilege, or that I should be ashamed of being born white, (as if I had a choice in that matter.) then they can take their diversity and shove it.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    It is a matter of over-compensation to minorities. For many years, many commercials, and TV programs were geared toward the white middle class. Blacks were usually portrayed as thugs, servants, lower income and other stereotypes. Many were never portrayed as middle or upper class.

I do believe in equality for everyone, regardless of race or gender, or any other factors. Everyone should have an equal opportunity in this country. But what does piss me off is when they promote or glorify any race at the expense of white people. That is reverse racism.

At one time there were very few middle class blacks, at least in the Western cities. I suppose places like Detroit where blacks worked at the peak of Ford, GM.

The commercials that I remember from way back either had no blacks or caricatures of blacks. TV programs... well, those oldie shows are all being removed from the shelves now. Can't have Gone With The Wind, etc. How long has it been since Song of the South (with Tarbaby and po black folk) was taken off the market?

But there were also TV shows like Mod Squad, and Miami Vice that had respectable black characters, and who can forget "Shaft" with Richard Roundtree? Sanford was interesting. I liked Cosby but he sure screwed the pooch, and apparently everybody else too.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I think diversity is good, until it's being forced upon is at every facet of our lives, or at the expense of one race over another.

When they are pointing out that being white is a privilege, or that I should be ashamed of being born white, (as if I had a choice in that matter.) then they can take their diversity and shove it.
    Virtue signaling and forced virtue signaling is the problem.

There is so much going on and that has been going on that the avg person does not see, is not intended to see, and will never see.

While we were living our lives, Critical Race Theory permeated our entire society. Unseen to 99.9% of us. Now we are beginning to see the results.

But what we now see is still just the tip of the iceberg. Study hard on Critical Race Theory and all other "Critical" theories.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The "diversity" agenda has been going for decades. The portrayal of white heterosexual men as being bumbling, useless idiots or raging racist bombasts has been going since the 70's - look at All in the Family - you had the dipshit liberal useless guy - if they rebooted it he'd be a hipster wearing skinny jeans and be bisexual. Carol O'Connor was portrayed as an out of touch racist. And that show ran from 71 to what, 79-80? That's half a century of this shit, minimum.

I don't remember any popular sitcoms made in my lifetime where the protagonist was a masculine, intelligent heterosexual white guy who fit traditional roles except maybe Craig Nelson's character in Coach, even then he was made a bafoon at times. Tim Allen's character in Home Improvement was masculine (maybe to an extreme) but he was portrayed as an idiot.

They started to kill off action shows in the 80's - but at least those shows showed men being men, smart, sharp, masculine men. A-Team, Hunter, Magnum PI, Rockford Files...

Advertising started to go the same way - the last bastion of a masculine white male was the Brawney paper towel guy and they did away with him.

I remember years ago in one of the gun rags, one of the commentary writers pointed out this same thing - not the racial aspect, but in general about how fathers portrayed in advertising were always bumbling idiots, the mothers were the ones holding shit together and making the rational decisions. He pointed out that in commercials for security systems the dads were always goofy doofuses who wet themselves at the sound of breaking glass.

Heterosexual men, especially with european lineage, have been the target of the lefties for a very long time. They want to do away with masculinity, they want to do away with fatherhood and strong men leading families because if you break the families, if you turn people against masculine men, you wind up with a population easier to control and manipulate and less likely to stand up against the ever encroaching tyranny both public and private. Guess where we are today?

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Anybody else catch the virtue signaling in the Fanta Radio Ad in heavy rotation right now.

I'll take Wanna Fanta for the win every time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It's a product with a fascinating history that is incompatible with holding diversity as a value.

Yeah - I had no idea about the history of Fanta till your comment spurred some Google-Fu. Safe to say that Fanta's roots + diversity are polar opposites. Its very ironic that it's found favor throughout the world, especially in countries whose populations are mostly non-white.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's a product with a fascinating history that is incompatible with holding diversity as a value.
    Yeah - I had no idea about the history of Fanta till your comment spurred some Google-Fu. Safe to say that Fanta's roots + diversity are polar opposites. Its very ironic that it's found favor throughout the world, especially in countries whose populations are mostly non-white.

Wow. I had to Google it as well. Never knew that.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    LOL ... bet you Wanna Fanta.

Choreographed dancing girls in matching gogo boots and brightly colored mini skirts hawking various fruit flavored carbonated beverages. My answer was always: don't mind if I do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Sing the Fanta song but use the poem "The Raven" as the lyrics.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom