Join TexasGunTalk

Divine intervention or Saturday night special?

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by F350-6, Sep 29, 2013.

1. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    If you haven't seen the story, guy walks into McDonalds in South Ft. Worth and starts to shoot up the place, except when he repeatedly pulls the trigger, nothing goes bang. He leaves the store in frustration, points his pistol in the air once outside, squeezes the trigger, and it goes bang. So he heads back inside to shoot up the place again. Same story second verse. Multiple trigger pulls, no bang. Goes back outside and is able to fire twice (and apparently miss) a passing car. At this point he quits and runs away.

Not sure I would believe it if I saw it myself, so I'm sure the "news" has made it a little more interesting for us. Anyone know more about this?

Gun misfires, prevents possible mass shooting at Fort Worth McDonald’s | Crime and ...

McDonald’s employee who distracted gunman called ‘hero’ by Fort Worth polic...

2. Willy

Willy Well-Known

Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Sounds like a miracle to me. They didn't identify what type of .380 it was. I'd suspect bad ammo. I'm curious.

3. RetArmySgt

RetArmySgt Glad to be back. TGT Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    From the sounds of it it could be a faulty firing pin block or a catch in the hammer system. Doesnt go bang when held right, but when you point it up and the block moves it goes bang.

4. General Zod

General Zod Well-Known

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Probably a stolen gun that's been abused and not cleaned or lubed. In the hands of a idiot. Thankfully.

5. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    I'd like to know the pistol and ammo used as well.

That explains shooting in the air, but what about the two shots at the passing car?

Agreed, but you've got to admit that's a pretty long sequence of no bang - bang- no bang - bang at just the right time. Sounds like similar odds to hitting the lotto.

6. RetArmySgt

Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Getting irritated and shaking the gun as he tried to fire it again could move it enough to fire, depending on what the problem was.

7. RetArmySgt

Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I did work on one PT111 that had a problem like that. It would only fire when held at a certain angle. I had to change out the firing pin block and the trigger bar and then it worked perfectly. The block, block spring, and trigger bar were out of spec.

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Son in law had a CZ duty do that.
    CZ sent him a new gun.

9. rushthezeppelin

rushthezeppelin TGT Addict

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Can't we just say God made his firing pin block go out of spec :D Personally I think hes sneaky like that in working in seemingly scientific ways to make miracles, but that's just me.