Lynx Defense

Divine intervention or Saturday night special?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you haven't seen the story, guy walks into McDonalds in South Ft. Worth and starts to shoot up the place, except when he repeatedly pulls the trigger, nothing goes bang. He leaves the store in frustration, points his pistol in the air once outside, squeezes the trigger, and it goes bang. So he heads back inside to shoot up the place again. Same story second verse. Multiple trigger pulls, no bang. Goes back outside and is able to fire twice (and apparently miss) a passing car. At this point he quits and runs away.

Not sure I would believe it if I saw it myself, so I'm sure the "news" has made it a little more interesting for us. Anyone know more about this?

Gun misfires, prevents possible mass shooting at Fort Worth McDonald’s | Crime and ...

McDonald’s employee who distracted gunman called ‘hero’ by Fort Worth polic...
    Venture Surplus ad

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    From the sounds of it it could be a faulty firing pin block or a catch in the hammer system. Doesnt go bang when held right, but when you point it up and the block moves it goes bang.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sounds like a miracle to me. They didn't identify what type of .380 it was. I'd suspect bad ammo. I'm curious.

I'd like to know the pistol and ammo used as well.

From the sounds of it it could be a faulty firing pin block or a catch in the hammer system. Doesnt go bang when held right, but when you point it up and the block moves it goes bang.

That explains shooting in the air, but what about the two shots at the passing car?

Probably a stolen gun that's been abused and not cleaned or lubed. In the hands of a idiot. Thankfully.

Agreed, but you've got to admit that's a pretty long sequence of no bang - bang- no bang - bang at just the right time. Sounds like similar odds to hitting the lotto.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I did work on one PT111 that had a problem like that. It would only fire when held at a certain angle. I had to change out the firing pin block and the trigger bar and then it worked perfectly. The block, block spring, and trigger bar were out of spec.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Can't we just say God made his firing pin block go out of spec :D Personally I think hes sneaky like that in working in seemingly scientific ways to make miracles, but that's just me.

Top Bottom