• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Pretty cool info. So basically for what ballpark price around 600 scope and nv youve got a complete setup?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Guns International

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Pretty much, and it can be switched from scope to scope with enough matching scope rings and just uses the scopes zero. I doubt I have more than $500 sitting on my rifle atm. $170 for PA 1-4x (inlc mount), $110 for cam and lens. $30 for LCD, $100 for torch and mount and another $30 or $40 in mounting hardware.

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Have you seen these videos?

Only mentioned that channel twice :roflsmile:

I first happened upon this wonderful post on the 300BLK forums 300BlkTalk ? View topic - DIY Night Vision for CHEAP!!!!. He got his idea from http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com1/viewforum.php?f=29. Another good source of info is https://www.youtube.com/user/RolaidsBench?feature=watch.

Do you mean not even attached to the rail like mine? I've seen some people use video goggles with this kind of setup. Check out youtube channel Rolaids Bench. This guy is the American authority on DIY IRNV.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    By all means if you have the money go for it, but I can't see any real downside to using a torch besides needing to recharge the batteries. If the prey you are after can see the 850nm spectrum then you just bump up to the 940nm with a little bit of illumination loss. Just trying to show people who don't have that kind of scratch how to build very viable night vision setup.
    I searched for this thread to bump.

I need to find a good IR illuminator on a 100$ budget. Any ideas?

Its going on the side of a X Sight 8 power.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I searched for this thread to bump.

I need to find a good IR illuminator on a 100$ budget. Any ideas?

Its going on the side of a X Sight 8 power.

As of right now the answer to this could be way different. I built my unit like 2 years ago so there might be some new fancy company offering a good torch. I would check nightvisionforumuk.com

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    For years,I've seen all the stuff that DIY night vision guy's have made. Some look very good,and others just have a bunch of parts/cables hanging off their rifles. After looking into the cost/time it would take me to build one of the ones I liked,a guy named Mike Tillman - Resolute Precision Machining was building just what I wanted for around the same price.
    I bought one of his units,and have been very happy with it's performance. It's small/compact,and it works excellent.

Before you waste a bunch of time/money trying to build a digital night vision add on for your scope,you might want to check out Mike's unit. I'm glad that I did!

http://www.resoluteprecisionmachining.com/#!digital-night-vision-scopes/cdk6

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    For years,I've seen all the stuff that DIY night vision guy's have made. Some look very good,and others just have a bunch of parts/cables hanging off their rifles. After looking into the cost/time it would take me to build one of the ones I liked,a guy named Mike Tillman - Resolute Precision Machining was building just what I wanted for around the same price.
    I bought one of his units,and have been very happy with it's performance. It's small/compact,and it works excellent.

Before you waste a bunch of time/money trying to build a digital night vision add on for your scope,you might want to check out Mike's unit. I'm glad that I did!

http://www.resoluteprecisionmachining.com/#!digital-night-vision-scopes/cdk6

I built my setup for just over half of what his costs

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Im not skilled so i would probably buy his cuz its streamlined and small vs the ones ive seen with tons of cords hanging out and your gun looking like something from far cry.

Didn't take much special skills to build mind. The most andvanced thing I did was splice some wires on the battery to put an extra adapter on there so that it could power both the monitor and the camera. Still though I feel ya on the cleanliness of his builds. Mine is not quite that good.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Didn't you bring that to Shiny Top? If so, that thing was cool. I still want one.

Sent from my iPad by an idiot coffeeholic.

Can't remember if I brought it out there that one time tbh. Was so long ago I just vaguely remember shooting my 16" blackout upper with one of Scott's cans. That and nailing your little popup target with my 10/22.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Top Bottom