• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've picked up, over the past several months, 7 different HP's for my pistols.

hornady critical defense
    hornady XTP'S
    federal hydra-shoks
    federal HST
    winchester white box HP'S
    Winchester PDX1
    gold dots

i had a picture of them, but i can't seem to upload it. i think it is too big of a file.

i think i'm set on the HST's as defense ammo. I can get it in LEO boxes.

my next favorite, probably is the PDX1, but they are expensive and i only have one magazine left.
    DK Firearms

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Where are you getting your HST's. I'm running low (200 rounds of each caliber) and am now in "hogging mode" till I find another source, mine dried up. I use 230 grain .45 ACP. and 165 grain .40 S&W and 115 grain 9MM.

BTW, you can't have too many, maybe too many types, but not too many in general.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Where are you getting your HST's. I'm running low (200 rounds of each caliber) and am now in "hogging mode" till I find another source, mine dried up. I use 230 grain .45 ACP. and 165 grain .40 S&W and 115 grain 9MM.

BTW, you can't have too many, maybe too many types, but not too many in general.

Check ammotogo.com they seem to pop in and out on the site. Usually have 9mm and .40S&W in the HST's, .45 seems pretty rare.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Check ammotogo.com they seem to pop in and out on the site. Usually have 9mm and .40S&W in the HST's, .45 seems pretty rare.

That's where i normally buy them at, but lately it seems they never have any. I can get my nephew to pick them up and recover them when I see him. Saves on shipping, don't you know.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You have way too many. Send everything you think is excess plus 50% (because you're wrong about what is "excess") to me and I'll be sure to destroy them for you in a safe and ecologically-sound manner. :p

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    To much ammo. Does not compute.

"The only situations where you can have to much ammo are if you are trying to swim, or happen to be on fire."

"When if comes to ammo, there are two amounts, enough and not enough, there is no too much."

Eagle

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    To much ammo. Does not compute.

"The only situations where you can have to much ammo are if you are trying to swim, or happen to be on fire."

Eagle

what if i'm packing a water cannon....

Semi-related question: how much PD ammo do you stock compared to range ammo?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I've picked up, over the past several months, 7 different HP's for my pistols.

hornady critical defense
    hornady XTP'S
    federal hydra-shoks
    federal HST
    winchester white box HP'S
    Winchester PDX1
    gold dots

i had a picture of them, but i can't seem to upload it. i think it is too big of a file.

i think i'm set on the HST's as defense ammo. I can get it in LEO boxes.

my next favorite, probably is the PDX1, but they are expensive and i only have one magazine left.

Are all of these rounds the SAME calibre ? If so, do you have special rounds for special events ? LOL Are we talkin one or two boxes (50 per) of each ?

JUST KIDDIN ! Can NEVER have too much ammo.

The ONLY carry ammo that I have hoards of, is .40 S&W. Thats cuz it was FREE.......Don't ask, its a secret !

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Are all of these rounds the SAME calibre ? If so, do you have special rounds for special events ? LOL Are we talkin one or two boxes (50 per) of each ?

JUST KIDDIN ! Can NEVER have too much ammo.

The ONLY carry ammo that I have hoards of, is .40 S&W. Thats cuz it was FREE.......Don't ask, its a secret !

Well you know, you buy the WWB stuff at walmart cause you read you need a HP. then you read that there is "premium" ammo. you go online and order a box of hydra-shok. then you do some more reading and you figure that HST's seem the way to go, but you can't find them. so you find some stuff at academy, the PDX1 and the critical defense and figure, what the heck. you start loading ammo, and you run accross some hornady XTP's and some gold dots. . . they are only 18 and 24 dollars/100. . . at least they'd be realatively cheap practise. . . . besides, it is fun to load nice ammo every once in a while.

Then you finally see the HST's at a reasonable price on ammotogo.com.

I think i've descided to just stick to the HST's once i've tested them in my guns. they are actually a bunch cheaper than the stuff you get at academy.

I keep walking by those golden sabers at bass pro though.

I still have the hyda-shoks in 380 cause it is the only stuff i can find. the critical defense looks really nice in .380 auto but still can't find it.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    HP hoarding

I think buying different ammo types in PD rounds is only a good idea if you are testing them against each other for accuracy or reliability. There is no sense in having ten different types of hollow point round for one gun. You should test them out side by side and stick with your favorites. When you do shoot some off, you will probably find that your gun likes some better than others. Hell, you may even find that some of the lighter HP loads don't even feed or cycle well in your pistols. That would be a real downer to find out when you REALLY needed them. I'd rather know where they all go when I shoot them rather than just having more to shoot. Just my

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Since ammo had been hard to find for a while, and is only just now getting better, I have a mix of all sorts of stuff - just whatever I could find when I happen to be at the right place with enough cash. When I bought my M&P40 at a local shop, the guy recommended the HST rounds and I bought what I could afford (cost of weapon, plus four 50-count boxes of HST .40). I've come across a few more boxes of HST since, and this is what's loaded in the two magazines I keep at home for defense. Plus those, I've collected a few 20-count boxes of Golden Sabres, Winchester Supreme Elites, several boxes of Cor-Bon, a box of Fiocci JHP and another couple of boxes of something in the back that I can't see. I've fired a few rounds of each box to see how they performed in the M&P and all were fine. I usually now just buy FMJ ammo for the range and load up the other two mags with those.

Top Bottom