• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am thinking it will be a keeper

I do believe you are correct, sir! I swapped the handguards out already, I initially wanted to use the Polish palm swelled set I got last week at the gun show; but the upper guard was a bit bigger than the Romanian one so I ended up using an extra set of Romanian ones I bought a few months back. I also replaced the black pistol grip with a Romanian one I took off my Draco when I got it. I also found a leather sling I had picked up at a show and put that on, it looks pretty nice! Here's the finished package...

WASR10-636.jpg

WASR10-637.jpg

This set-up looks a lot better, in my opinion; and it's convinced me to hang onto this WASR at least for a while.

You'll also notice that it does have a scope mount on the receiver as well, something I forgot to mention earlier.

For $390 (well, $400 with my "tip"), $10 for the replacement handguards, and another $10 for the leather sling, I think I've done well. Heck, even the wife liked it, and she's aware that I just got another rifle (the Tula M44) this past Saturday! I hope she doesn't do the math! :ohnoes:

Cheers! M2
    Lynx Defense

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I got a 10/63 from Classic arms and it came with a brackett on the left side for a scope mount.
    No mag wobble ,rough furniture, great trigger and stright iron sights , I'am happy with it.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    M2 - Holler at me if you go to Saxet this weekend, I have my kit that came with my WASR 10/63 but didn't sell it when I sold the rifle, I know it has a bayonet, oil can, and a sling, will be willing to toss it your way if you like, lemme know Bro, I'm all about payin it forward to good people :) And I think I have extra wood stocks and hand guards too . . .

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I do believe you are correct, sir! I swapped the handguards out already, I initially wanted to use the Polish palm swelled set I got last week at the gun show; but the upper guard was a bit bigger than the Romanian one so I ended up using an extra set of Romanian ones I bought a few months back. I also replaced the black pistol grip with a Romanian one I took off my Draco when I got it. I also found a leather sling I had picked up at a show and put that on, it looks pretty nice! Here's the finished package...

WASR10-636.jpg

WASR10-637.jpg

This set-up looks a lot better, in my opinion; and it's convinced me to hang onto this WASR at least for a while.

You'll also notice that it does have a scope mount on the receiver as well, something I forgot to mention earlier.

For $390 (well, $400 with my "tip"), $10 for the replacement handguards, and another $10 for the leather sling, I think I've done well. Heck, even the wife liked it, and she's aware that I just got another rifle (the Tula M44) this past Saturday! I hope she doesn't do the math! :ohnoes:

Cheers! M2

Looks Awesome Brother !!!

Top Bottom