DK Firearms

DO NOT ATTEND Armed Protests at State Capitols Before Inauguration!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Instead of “protesting” everyone should go John Galt.
    Use the system they put in place against them and quit feeding the beast. Family member sick? FMLA. All 12 weeks. New baby? Maternity/Paternity leave. Cut off the flow of tax dollars and let them see what happens when the $$$ spigot is turned off.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I can't disagree with that assertion. Probably the most prudent measure would be to keep as much distance as possible from the event.

What's a shame is it's always a very small portion of a group that ruin it for everyone. The rest of us now, will pay the price for the actions of a few for what happened last week.

In Oregon, in the past we've had several armed 2A rallies at the capitol in Salem. There was no violence during THOSE rallies, but they were not received well by the leftists and libs in the Willamette Valley.

I never had the inclination to go to one. I think the optics are not good. And I really think that this is a particular bad time to do any armed rally/protest. Not only bad optics, but too much could go wrong. Not even sure if regular rallies/protests are a good idea right now, but I hate the idea of stifling First Amendment too!!! Maybe wait a bit?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Instead of “protesting” everyone should go John Galt.
    Use the system they put in place against them and quit feeding the beast. Family member sick? FMLA. All 12 weeks. New baby? Maternity/Paternity leave. Cut off the flow of tax dollars and let them see what happens when the $$$ spigot is turned off.
    They will just turn on a new printer.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They will just turn on a new printer.
    Good. Force them to speed up their creeping incrementalism but not in a way that warrants 20,000 troops in DC.

If they start sending their stasi to force people back to work at the barrel of a gun it will expose them for the Stalinist/maoists that they truly are.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

Thank you, open display of firearms has no positive impact on a peaceful demonstration. A huge risk to your safety if some idiot starts shooting, then everyone carrying a weapon moves to the top of the target list! Another risk is getting caught up in a crowd wave and moved into a restricted government building -then you have committed a felony and convicted felons cannot own nor possess firearms. Stay calm, stay away, do not empower the Democrat liberal wing!

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    For what it is worth:

Many of you probably already heard that there are armed protests being set up for January 2021. These are being organized and shared by left wing agents provocateur to lure in conservatives and provoke civil unrest at all state capitols and DC. DO NOT GO TO THESE EVENTS. They will be used to promote left wing extreme gun control. Please, I impore you to spread word about these events and tell people to stay home. The January 6 rally showed clear as day that antifa, with support from democrats and police, will stir up unrest and try to create a conflict so that they can attack us with bad optics. Do not give them what they want.

President Trump said it clear as day, go home in peace and be peaceful! He is working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure things work out. Do not undermine his plans.

As we speak, the left is labeling people as "domestic terrorists" and "seditionists". They're targeting anyone MAGA, any rally attendees, white people, and anyone calling them out on their failed false flag on Jan 6th. They're trying to make you angry, to gas light you, to provoke you into action. Do not take the bait, this is a time for peace!

The time for peace and calm is now! So be peaceful and listen to Trump.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Washington DC roadtrip!

Seriously, I have a fear many angry and confused conservatives are going to go to DC for the inauguration the 20th, and I fear there could very well be an "event" hat sets things off. I am also thinking it's possible the left-wing radicals are hoping and praying that there are a number of right-wingers, or Trump supporters showing en masse to agitate into doing something stupid.

Personally, I too would suggest not one conservative, or Trump supporter go or be anywhere near DC.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Washington DC roadtrip!

Seriously, I have a fear many angry and confused conservatives are going to go to DC for the inauguration the 20th, and I fear there could very well be an "event" hat sets things off. I am also thinking it's possible the left-wing radicals are hoping and praying that there are a number of right-wingers, or Trump supporters showing en masse to agitate into doing something stupid.

Personally, I too would suggest not one conservative, or Trump supporter go or be anywhere near DC.
    Not just DC- but any State capital. It sure is a trap.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

I agree. It's very possible that any capitol could turn into such a trap, or end becoming a media event.

And I think it's safe to assume, that conservatives would end up getting the bad press and made to be the villians no matter what or how things happened.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

I’m going to be the contrarian in here. I’d have no problem doing, but I wouldn’t advertise who I did or didn’t support and would probably go unarmed and with a few cameras and plenty of batteries and media. We do need eyes and ears on what is actually happening besides what the media spoon feeds us.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I’m going to be the contrarian in here. I’d have no problem doing, but I wouldn’t advertise who I did or didn’t support and would probably go unarmed and with a few cameras and plenty of batteries and media. We do need eyes and ears on what is actually happening besides what the media spoon feeds us.

Rhino, that is actually not a bad idea at all. Acting like a casual or just an observer. I like it!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Leave your phone at home, wear a mask at all times, and don’t wear anything that sets you apart from the crowd. Maybe have someone else carry your phone around that is at home while you are there.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Leave your phone at home, wear a mask at all times, and don’t wear anything that sets you apart from the crowd. Maybe have someone else carry your phone around that is at home while you are there.
    I'd have a burner cheap phone, in case I was caught in a real emergency and needed to call LEO... or a friend.

Top Bottom