Military Camp

Do states have the power to control immigration to their state? If not, why not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The answer to the OP is no because the people of this Union and the States seem to forget what it is. The United States in a voluntary union of States (sovereign nations). Each State is just that a State, a nation unto itself. The federal government was put into place not to rule and crush the States but to provide for mediation between the States and to provide for the common defense of all States.

It is kind of like the EU, each State belongs to itself and is self governing but they have come together for the common good.
    Target Sports

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    As a Native Texan who had been displaced in The People's Republic of Connecticut for 21 1\2 years, I was ready to wave my Texas birth certificate out the window as I passed through Texarkana a month ago if need be.
    I will do whatever it takes to keep my Texas from becoming like one of those f**cked up democrat controlled states in the Northeast. And I truly mean whatever it takes, up to and including secession from the rest of the US.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'll tell you one of the main reasons I moved here is because I see dark times ahead for this country and Texas is one of a small number of states that can go it alone. I can see how the US could break up and I want to be with like minded individuals to rebuild.

Austin? Its the most Kommunist city we have.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Articcle IV, Section 2, item 1. The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.[See 14]

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Which, as a student of Texas history, you know isn't legal, however splitting the state to create four conservative states and one liberal one could be.

Awwww shucks... we can't leave the soviet US because it's ILLEGAL. Bullshit, that's what revolution or civil war is for if need be. Just imagine if the founding fathers had thought secession was ILLEGAL so they couldn't leave the empire.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    If a state was able to control immigration we would have 50 different countries because they would regulate interstate immigration as well. People that are scared of legal immigrants are completely retarded. Guess what our country was started on immigration. So get over it people. If anyone should complain it should be Native Americans but most gun wielding Americans wouldn't understand that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Awwww shucks... we can't leave the soviet US because it's ILLEGAL. Bullshit, that's what revolution or civil war is for if need be. Just imagine if the founding fathers had thought secession was ILLEGAL so they couldn't leave the empire.

When we have someome in Washington acting illegally, Travis County Board of Commissioners acting illegally, federal laws not being enforced...at some point no one should be surprised when states start acting "illegally".

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If a state was able to control immigration we would have 50 different countries because they would regulate interstate immigration as well. People that are scared of legal immigrants are completely retarded. Guess what our country was started on immigration. So get over it people. If anyone should complain it should be Native Americans but most gun wielding Americans wouldn't understand that.

Who is complaining or stating they are scared about legal immigrants???

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress

We are 50 different countries. What do you think a "state" is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    We are 50 different countries. What do you think a "state" is?

Not quite. We are the fifty states, not the fifty States.

States, in the lowercase context, are self-governing bodies that are part of a larger nation which provides for over-arching laws and responsibilities. Our states are self-governing within their own borders, but under the umbrella of the nation of the United States of America and its constitution. They are not, however, independent nations like the members of the EU, Schengen Area, etc.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The original concept was for individual states bound by a common governance. After the north one the war we were left with a federalist system. Once country with several provinces. I often wonder how we would look if the confederates had one.

Top Bottom