Texas SOT

Do we have a sidearm compliment bragging thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pin on Buffalo Bill

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm really surprised at the enthusiast enthusiasm of our TGT members in discussing the gay lifestyle. It really hits a chord with you guys that I never knew.....

.....now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to order a case of soap-on-a-rope for the next group meet.....
    Hmmm.... maybe it's a good thing I've missed the last couple meets.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Gawd, I read the 'BOOK' first and later saw the movie and slow as I am, I still don't know who that uggggggggly dog holding thing is...perhaps, as my wife recently suggested, I'm (yeah, not kidding) developing dementia...fk fk fk....quite possibly I am...

Years ago, a primary care physician suggested if one (ok, me) goes bonkers due to Al. or some thing else, it won't be a problem for, me...I won't know I'm deranged, which I thought a horrible idea, because I've imposed on my loved ones to support my crazy/demented ass...fk that.

I countered, wouldn't a voluntary form of euthanasia be advisable..Oh no, we can't have that ;...he said...I think out of some form of Catholic guilt...

Where's Dr. Kevorkian when we need him?

Let's not forget we put down our suffering critters...

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I don't buy firearms to get compliments, it's a tool and I intend to abuse it and use it. Just like I will never have a "safe queen", a firearm that just sits and looks pretty is no use to me.
    Neither do I, however I enjoy having a nice looking work truck, a good looking lady and fine looking firearms! All perform the designed function some just look better doing it;)

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I don't buy firearms to get compliments, it's a tool and I intend to abuse it and use it. Just like I will never have a "safe queen", a firearm that just sits and looks pretty is no use to me.
    I said I'd never have a safe queen, but a Camp Perry Centennial Springfield M1A has remained unfired, in my safe for years. Every time I open the safe, I question why it sits there.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Possibly, you might not practice with it enough for fear of damage. Pretty tools are pointless tools.
    My EDC, some call it pretty and I call it useful. Since it is my EDC I practice with it more than any other guns. I don't want to damage any of my guns, so I guess all have that fear of damage. Now if I was to frame it and put it on the wall, that might make it pointless as a tool.

I also hear the argument of losing it if I had to use it in defense. While I would certainly hate to lose it, it becomes pointless if I'm dead out of fear of losing it. Not only is it cool to me, it also is probably the best one I shoot well with, therefore, pointless is a term for me to use a tool in a life threatening situation that I don't use as well.

Attachments

• 0813191242.jpg
      0813191242.jpg
      280.1 KB · Views: 47

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    My EDC, some call it pretty and I call it useful. Since it is my EDC I practice with it more than any other guns. I don't want to damage any of my guns, so I guess all have that fear of damage. Now if I was to frame it and put it on the wall, that might make it pointless as a tool.

I also hear the argument of losing it if I had to use it in defense. While I would certainly hate to lose it, it becomes pointless if I'm dead out of fear of losing it. Not only is it cool to me, it also is probably the best one I shoot well with, therefore, pointless is a term for me to use a tool in a life threatening situation that I don't use as well.
    Well....that doesn't look gay at all. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom