• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you have LTC/carry/shooting insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 83 51.9%
    • No

Votes: 77 48.1%

• Total voters

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I want to say that this was mentioned in my LTC class, but only recently have I actually thought about it a bit. I was wanting to make a poll to see if I wanted to dig deeper in the subject. Just a poll to see if people actually buy this type of insurance for LTC/carry/shooting/defense. A little input as to why would be cool. I'm kinda like "I'm probably never going to have to use my firearm or I'm going to get sued for everything I have when the day comes"

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    Lynx Defense

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    There is no such thing as carry insurance, it is prepaid legal services. But yes, I do have these services. Many folk feel that it's not needed, same goes for fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc... you never need it, till you do. if ya don't have it, well, you're just SOL.

Here's the way I look at it. If I have it and don't need it, then I'm not really out that much money. I waste more on junk. But if I do need it, then it's well worth the small price.
    EX. Based on a $15/mo plan

15x12= $180/yr
    at 10 yrs = $1,800
    at 50 yrs = $9,000
    at 100 yrs = 18,000

So if I paid $15/mo for 100 yrs, this is still cheaper than lawyer and court fees. Yeah, I could start saving for just in case something happens. But what happens if I need to draw down on someone tomorrow? next week? next month? There is no way I could have enough saved. With these legal services, your bail, court and lawyer fees can be paid, even if you have only been a member for 1 day.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Definitely get insurance that covers your legs fees upfront.

And not insurance that reimburses you once you’ve been found not guilty.

Other than that...I’m still researching which is best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And do you take out insurance on every electronic device you buy or every thing you get at a big box store and they offer it ? Well you should because you might need it.

Better cover the pets too never know if they will get sick.

the list goes on and on and the insurance programs love you for it.

And I would assume it will be coverage like most insurance coverage the bare minimum they can give you to cover there ass. Sure they are going to say you will get some top notch guy but come on is some top notch guy going to come to your rescue at the peanuts the insurance company's pay or is he going to keep taking cases for 500+ an hour.

There is no such thing as carry insurance, it is prepaid legal services. But yes, I do have these services. Many folk feel that it's not needed, same goes for fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc... you never need it, till you do. if ya don't have it, well, you're just SOL.

Here's the way I look at it. If I have it and don't need it, then I'm not really out that much money. I waste more on junk. But if I do need it, then it's well worth the small price.
    EX. Based on a $15/mo plan

15x12= $180/yr
    at 10 yrs = $1,800
    at 50 yrs = $9,000
    at 100 yrs = 18,000

So if I paid $15/mo for 100 yrs, this is still cheaper than lawyer and court fees. Yeah, I could start saving for just in case something happens. But what happens if I need to draw down on someone tomorrow? next week? next month? There is no way I could have enough saved. With these legal services, your bail, court and lawyer fees can be paid, even if you have only been a member for 1 day.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you get insurance, get insurance that reimburses you for your choice of lawyer, as opposed to insurance that is really just prepaid legal services.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Personally I am just happy to have someone to call at 3am when the police want to question me and all I have is a wild guess and The Yellow Pages. I'm honestly not expecting a shooting inside our home or vehicle of an intruder to go to trial. I'm even more doubtful I will be involved in a shootout in public, but if it does then I'll come up with the $10,000 I'll need to get started with another attorney, if I feel TLS is not up to snuff.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I called Revis Kanak, a very good criminal attorney in Austin. He got me no-billed on two serious felonies. Why? Because my arrest was bogus, and the worthless bastard I shot was in the wrong! Still cost me little over a grand. On hind sight, which is always 20/20, I wish I had been somewhere else that day.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I called Revis Kanak, a very good criminal attorney in Austin. He got me no-billed on two serious felonies. Why? Because my arrest was bogus, and the worthless bastard I shot was in the wrong! Still cost me little over a grand. On hind sight, which is always 20/20, I wish I had been somewhere else that day.

$1000 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Top Bottom