• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Depending on my changing moods. I will carry a handgun that is practical but not normally seen or considered. I like the WTF attitudes and the "really" questions. It makes everyday life behind enemy lines a little more interesting. It is also an "icebreaker" for conversations and their particular piece of choice.
    Hurley's Gold

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Had the Nephew chop this 4" 625 to 3-1/2", so as to compete at the Armor Express Pin Shoot in "Carry Gun" (six shots/3-1/2" tube)...

Nephew did trigger job, and "old school" hammer bob.

Had Bo Mar & Fiber Optic put on Combat Commander Project...

Attachments

• 3.5 and 4 inch.jpg
      3.5 and 4 inch.jpg
      153.5 KB · Views: 108

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Had the Nephew chop this 4" 625 to 3-1/2", so as to compete at the Armor Express Pin Shoot in "Carry Gun" (six shots/3-1/2" tube)...

Nephew did trigger job, and "old school" hammer bob.

Had Bo Mar & Fiber Optic put on Combat Commander Project...
    I don't have any relatives to compare to that.
    There are many options available, limited only by your imagination that can be done. Bo-Mar ribs are great and you can attach extensions to lengthen the front sight plane.
    Fun huh?
    No shoots like that around here.
    John

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I a different thread, I posted the S&W Russian that I sometimes carry.
    I have a good friend that is Jewish, actually he is a Rabbi. He likes guns but is constantly hounding me for a piece that I carry on occasional holidays like anniversary of D-Day and VE-Day. As a Captured Souvenir.
    DSC_0483a.jpg
    DSC_0733a.jpg

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have nothing notable like that but I do like to cycle through my carry guns. If nothing else it gets them out of the safe and used and cleaned every now and then. Carrying a large caliber revolver, draws some attention and questions, but not so much for the Glock 19 or 21 (The workhorses of everyday carry). Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt, Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull, S&W 629 .44 magnum 2.625" Performance Center edition, Ruger GP100 .357 6" and a S&W 637 1.875".

You sure do have some beautiful weapons though! Love the stories and your work.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I like to carry a Beeman P-17 when I go on my twice daily walks around my property..., for fun.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I have nothing notable like that but I do like to cycle through my carry guns. If nothing else it gets them out of the safe and used and cleaned every now and then. Carrying a large caliber revolver, draws some attention and questions, but not so much for the Glock 19 or 21 (The workhorses of everyday carry). Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt, Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull, S&W 629 .44 magnum 2.625" Performance Center edition, Ruger GP100 .357 6" and a S&W 637 1.875".

You sure do have some beautiful weapons though! Love the stories and your work.
    Thanks! I do not know where it is all going but I'll have fun getting there.
    Actually I feel sorry for Glock owners. I don't and wont have one but that is totally my choice. In The People's Republic of Illinois to get a CCW you have to first have an Illinois FOID Card (Firearm Owner's Identification Permit. AND apply for permission to get the CCW. Digital Finger Printing and Digital Photograph. The if approved, you have to take a 16 hour State Police Training course and demonstrate safe handling before an instructor. Then fire a three point shooting demonstration for an Officer. Pay a fee and WAIT and Wait MONTHS.. You will be notified if you qualify after a NICS background check. If you are denied, you can appeal it in front of a Judge. If so just forget about it... you will not win. Illinois does NOT grant Reciprocity nor recognize ANY Other State's permits! Concealed Carry ONLY.
    When I took the course the first time (Yes you have to requalify when your CCW expires) The Instructor was inspecting the handguns each student provided. (mandatory) and when he got to me he started laughing because I had a WW2 Remington-Rand Issue .45acp. He wanted to know why I was carrying around that big piece of "pig-iron" and said, "You NEED one of these and showed me his Glock." Then it was my turn to laugh. I said REALLY? Sir, "Tell you what. let's take our side arms out here on the highway and lock and load, then toss them out on the road and let traffic run over them for a half hour or so... then I will show you which one still works!" I was serious but he wouldn't take me up on the offer. He said, I suppose you can shoot that thing! I told which hand?
    The range test was a hoot, that instructor and I are great friends!
    By the way you have some great guns!
    John

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    my normal EDC is either a G19 or G43, but sometimes my wheel guns call out for attention, so I will carry my Ruger SP101 OC just to be more well rounded..lol

Travanator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2021
    Fort Worth Tx.
    I carry a Beretta 950 BS just for fun but it is a tack driver. Little tacks but still accurate. I am running out of ammo so I hope the great ammunition machine gets around to making 25 acp again someday.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Actually I feel sorry for Glock owners.
    You feel sorry for Glock owners! With all due respect to your expertise, that disrespect isn't something grand of which to boast as if you are the end-all-be-all when it comes to which firearms someone carries! I must ask, why someone, who supposedly knows a lot about firearms and maybe even something of tactical shooting, would put down a Glock owner as you just did in as much as you say you feel sorry for them? It is quite disturbing. How disrespectful can you get and how high on a pedestal can you elevate yourself to say such a thing? You may know a lot about guns and restorations and even tactical shooting but certainly show little respect for others, at least for Glock owners, by having said that. I can assure you without doubt, there is absolutely no reason for you to feel sorry for me, at least in relation as to which pistols I choose to carry and I often carry a Glock. Each brand/model of pistol has its pluss values and its minus detractions and Glock is no exception to that - but then most certainly neither is the 1911.

I truly never could understand the penchant for attacking Glock & Glock owners. The negative feelings expressed by some toward Glock & Glock owners, while there are many other pistols that utilize polymer frames is amazing if only because you (and many other Glock detractors) seemingly do not lambaste those other brands polymer framed pistols (such as Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, SIG, etc.) nor the owners of those other polymer framed pistols or at least do not so so as readily so as you do Glocks and Glock owners. You folks apparently have an inclination for attacking Glock that boggles the mind.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    You feel sorry for Glock owners! With all due respect to your expertise, that disrespect isn't something grand of which to boast as if you are the end-all-be-all when it comes to which firearms someone carries! I must ask, why someone, who supposedly knows a lot about firearms and maybe even something of tactical shooting, would put down a Glock owner as you just did in as much as you say you feel sorry for them? It is quite disturbing. How disrespectful can you get and how high on a pedestal can you elevate yourself to say such a thing? You may know a lot about guns and restorations and even tactical shooting but certainly show little respect for others, at least for Glock owners, by having said that. I can assure you without doubt, there is absolutely no reason for you to feel sorry for me, at least in relation as to which pistols I choose to carry and I often carry a Glock. Each brand/model of pistol has its pluss values and its minus detractions and Glock is no exception to that - but then most certainly neither is the 1911.

I truly never could understand the penchant for attacking Glock & Glock owners. The negative feelings expressed by some toward Glock & Glock owners, while there are many other pistols that utilize polymer frames is amazing if only because you (and many other Glock detractors) seemingly do not lambaste those other brands polymer framed pistols (such as Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, SIG, etc.) nor the owners of those other polymer framed pistols or at least do not so so as readily so as you do Glocks and Glock owners. You folks apparently have an inclination for attacking Glock that boggles the mind.

Who really cares that much? It was my post being responded to and I wasn't offended. Glocks are only one brand of the many I have. Some people like them and some don't. What Mad John thinks about them is his business. I could care one whit what anyone thinks, it is what I think that matters to me. If Mad John hates Glocks I respect his opinion to think so. I think they have their place as a good, inexpensive, reliable, utilitarian tool for self defense. I won't be throwing mine in the freeway or anything though. If I was offended every time someone didn't agree with me I would never be happy. Lots of people don't agree with me and I am okay with that.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Depending on my changing moods. I will carry a handgun that is practical but not normally seen or considered. I like the WTF attitudes and the "really" questions. It makes everyday life behind enemy lines a little more interesting. It is also an "icebreaker" for conversations and their particular piece of choice.
    condoms

Top Bottom