Texas SOT

Do you ever save $ when reloading your own shells?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I don't want to get too into gun differences and such. As I seem to have a bad habit or over tasking a single thread and people don't like that.
    But I'm not really sure if I would want a .22. I was wanting something bigger. I'm also not sure how well it would go down with buying .22 ammo as it is used by handguns too. There was this part of me that was thinking I could get into skeet every weekend or something. Then maybe go hunting in the future with shotgun. (unsure if deer or duck)

If I got a rifle I would want a bolt action and to go more of a sniper route,(not sure where I can shoot more then 100yrd) also possible hunting in the future. Home defense for either type, even tho they're not so ideal. (Bolt action, then 26-28" shotgun barrel) My dad had a 10/22 stock and barrel for a while, but it was missing the receiver... I only ever looked at it and it looked fairly small. I've currently got this bb/pellet gun and was having some issues pulling the trigger. (been a while since I've shot it) I remember every time I would try and squeeze the trigger I would end up moving the gun too much. I think it was because the gun is just too small. Also worried about the 10/22 stock being too short.
    (All I really want is a sniper or a skeet gun, then I could attach things like home defense and hunting even tho they may not be the best at them. They're not a first priority)

Great info on shell reloading. I forgot to ask, can you do more then one shell at a time on the reloading press?

Go to Walmart and buy your self a couple boxes of 12 gauge target load shells. Usually the cheapest 12 gauge they have, nearly always on sale. Then take them with you to that skeet or trap club near you that you were talking about. Get there early before they really start up shooting leagues or any thing when it's pretty slow, call the club and ask the owner ahead of time if you aren't sure about their schedule. Tell them what you are interested in and ask them if there is any way you could just kind of try it out to see if you like it.

I'd be surprised if they didn't come up with a way you could use up you shells at their club. Cost you your shells plus a couple rounds of clays, then come back and tell use what you think.
    Target Sports

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    It saves a load of money if you want to shoot 00 buck. If you buy a mold and cast your buck shot you can shoot 00buck for the cost of cheap trap loads.

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    First, I am an avid reloader.

That said, I’m not sure I’ve ever met anyone who saved money by reloading.

There’s people who invest in the equipment but don’t really shoot enough to make it worthwhile.

Then there’s those who do, but it allows them to shoot a lot more for the same money. So in that sense, reloading does save money.

First gun, .22 is the way to go.

Top Bottom