• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Last year some of you may recall a bunch of Hummers being keyed including several at DFW airport which also included LE vehicles.

The media ran the story and a friend was one of the ones they interviewed, quoted and used pictures of his keyed. They never caught anyone despite LE vehicles in high visibility areas of DFW airport getting hit.

It's continued but not to the same degree, but earlier this month a Hummer owner with 3 hidden cameras on his Hummer caught a 50-60 year old man keying his with the trade mark X on 2 sides. It happened as Southlake Carroll High School on Sept. 5th.

Watch the video, it's very clear, and contact LEA if you know anything about this guy.

WFAA Story
    Lynx Defense

Infamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    wow this would piss me off to no end. i'm surprised he's even trying it in OUR state of all places. look for an old man being admitted into a hospital with a broken jaw, it wouldn't surprise me.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    LE claims it's a somewhat known eco-terrorism group that is targeting Hummers to make a point.

Sad thing is, the 20 yr. old economy cars doing more harm to our environment that these Hummers.

You'd think they'd go after the Toyota Prius, but they probably won't allow themselves to learn how the manufacturing and short life cycle of a Prius by far exceeds environmental harm by that of a Hummer. Just ask the people that live within 200 miles of the plant that Toyota gets the components for the battery cells from. And ask them what happens at the expcted 100,000 mile end of life cycle for the Prius when componants will have changed and/or can't be had because of environmental harm. That 12 MPG vs. 40 MPG (if theyll actually average that) won't look so bad after all.

I'd hate to see one walking up to or away from my Excursion.... After all they're armed with some type of sharp, possibly bladed weapon...

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I hate when someone messes with your ride! I hope someone catches him while he's keying, because he needs his guts stomped out! My pickup gets about 12-14 MPG so these eco-terrorist can kiss my azz!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    What a smug jerk! You'd think a man of his age would be over silly, childish vandalism. I hope they catch that old turd! Enviromentalist whackoism at work!!
    I'm sending this link to everyone I know that lives in Texas. Maybe someone will recogize this class envy puke. :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    What a smug jerk! You'd think a man of his age would be over silly, childish vandalism. I hope they catch that old turd! Enviromentalist whackoism at work!!
    I'm sending this link to everyone I know that lives in Texas. Maybe someone will recogize this class envy puke. :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

It's not about being an environmentalist, Eco-friendly, Tree-Hugger or a frickin' lepricauhn... I agree with you, a grown man his age should be ashamed of himself. His actions, give the above mentioned people a bad reputation and surely doesn't encourage people by being active in reducing pollution.
    What pisses me off the most is: That is someone's vehicle, someone that obviously spent alot of money on. What's it to him if the MPG suck? That is nobody's concern but the owner....He is not the one filling up his/her tank!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The Detective trying to identify and locate a man seen on video and in photos scratching "X's" into the paint of a 2008 Hummer parked in the Carroll Senior High School parking lot says the crime is apparently part of a trend of attacks on the sport utility vehicles.

Detective Keith Fulgium said he has received several calls from other Hummer owners who have fallen victim to similar acts of vandalism in recent months. Some of the incidents were previously reported to police, while others were not, he said.

"This isn't an isolated incident," Detective Fulgium said. "This has happened to numerous Hummers in the Southlake area usually at Carroll football games going back to last year."

He said most of those incidents occurred outside Dragon Stadium in Southlake.

The detective continues to pursue leads on the identity of the man caught on the Hummer's motion-activated surveillance cameras keying the vehicle on the morning of Sept. 5. The vandalism caused more than $2,000 worth of damage, police said.

Area Hummer dealerships have also apparently been seeing a steady flow of keyed vehicles for the past few years. At Classic Hummer in Grapevine, staff members said the number of damaged Hummers has dropped off recently, though it is still a consistent problem.

"I still probably see upwards of five a week that are keyed," said James Pickle, service advisor. "I'd say 75 percent of them will be "X's," not just keyed down the side, it'd actually be "X's" on door panels."

Police have no evidence linking the vandal in the Carroll Senior High case to other cases.

In the Carroll Senior High case, police said they still do not know of a motive, though Detective Fulgium said he has no reason to believe what some have speculated in comments on this blog regarding a running feud between the student victim and the man.

Earlier today, police also cleared up another debate unfolding on this blog.

Video of the incident seems to show blue paint on the ground where the Hummer is parked and some asked whether the driver may have parked illegally in a handicapped spot, perhaps angering the man seen vandalizing the sport utility vehicle. The high school student was parked legally, said Cpl. Mike Bedrich, a Southlake police spokesman.

"At the senior high school, they have to purchase parking spots," Cpl. Bedrich said. "So it is a common practice for the students to go in and paint their own designs and everything ... He's parked legally."

The vandal is described as a white male, about 50 to 60 years old, with short white hair. He was wearing dark sunglasses, a dark-colored shirt with horizontal stripes, tan shorts and sandals. Police believe he was driving a light brown or gold four-door Honda or BMW.

Anyone with information can call Detective Fulgium at 817-748-8128.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    I can see and totally understand why it would piss someone off for illegally parked in a handicap spot, still that doesn't give him to right to key the car.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I can see and totally understand why it would piss someone off for illegally parked in a handicap spot, still that doesn't give him to right to key the car.

Did you read the article? People are too quick to jump on a HS kid that drives what most people consider an expensive vehicle. From the article even, that question came up more than once.

They have to pay for parking spaces at Carrol, thus the kids paint and customize their spaces, as this kid did which is what you see on the ground. He was parked legally. Look at the cars and lot around where he's parked. It doesn't appear to be where a handi-cap space would or could be regardless of local codes anywhere.

However, say he was illegally parked in the parking lot of his high school. How would that justify a guy keying it. Even back many many years ago when I was in high school, we couldn't get away with illegal parking in the lot without fear of losing our parking stickers or other punishment.

Back on topic.... ;)

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Sorry, my bad choice of words.
    Yes the kid was parked correctly, my comment was in general about handicap violators, doesn't give anyone the right to key anyone's car regardless if it's illegal.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Good thinking!!!!

That $10,000.00 fine should help his financial stress. What kind of thought process would make a person think that by vandalising someone else's property it would relieve his financial stress?
    I think he is just another extremist, environmental whacko and probably connected to other Hummer incidents. Protecting the environment is one thing but extremist like this are another thing all together and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.:banghead:

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    That $10,000.00 fine should help his financial stress. What kind of thought process would make a person think that by vandalising someone else's property it would relieve his financial stress?
    I think he is just another extremist, environmental whacko and probably connected to other Hummer incidents. Protecting the environment is one thing but extremist like this are another thing all together and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.:banghead:

I agree with you on the highlighted portions, and the rest when he is proven guilty of being "another extremist, environmental whacko and probably connected to other Hummer incidents".

I even thought the same: That $10,000.00 fine should help his financial stress.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    I agree with you on the highlighted portions, and the rest when he is proven guilty of being "another extremist, environmental whacko and probably connected to other Hummer incidents".

...of course spending some time in the slammer has always cured many of financial stress. LOL

What an old
    smiley_loser.gif
    !!!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas

Here is a excerpt from one of the earlier articles (below) that shows the pattern of this Hummer vandalism is pretty consistent with other incidents.

The staff at the service center at Classic Hummer in Grapevine is all too familiar with the work of vandals like the unidentified man. James Pickle, service adviser, said the flow of customers coming in with damaged paint jobs has slowed recently, though it is still steady.
    "I still probably see upwards of five a week that are keyed," Mr. Pickle said. "I'd say 75 percent of them will be X's – not just keyed down the side, it'd actually be X's on door panels."

Read the article here;
    Vandalism of Southlake teen's Hummer not an isolated incident | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Here is a excerpt from one of the earlier articles (below) that shows the pattern of this Hummer vandalism is pretty consistent with other incidents.

The staff at the service center at Classic Hummer in Grapevine is all too familiar with the work of vandals like the unidentified man. James Pickle, service adviser, said the flow of customers coming in with damaged paint jobs has slowed recently, though it is still steady.
    "I still probably see upwards of five a week that are keyed," Mr. Pickle said. "I'd say 75 percent of them will be X's – not just keyed down the side, it'd actually be X's on door panels."

Read the article here;
    Vandalism of Southlake teen's Hummer not an isolated incident | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

I hope they can proove that he is linked to the other X keyed vehicles. The old geezer will sit in jail where he belongs alot longer!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I hope they can proove that he is linked to the other X keyed vehicles. The old geezer will sit in jail where he belongs alot longer!

At his age, two years jail time and a $10,000.00 fine will be enough to settle his old liberal ass down for a while, whether they can prove he vandalised any other vehicles or not. I doubt this is his 1st time playing these silly games. There is no telling what damage he has done in the past without being caught.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    Well i am glad they caught the guy but what is still confusing me is why a highschool student in ANY city has a god reason to own a hummer with motion activated security. I mean, YEAH, it is pretty cool but doesn't make since.

I was kinda shocked that he is 72 years old. what what he was thinking.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    At his age, two years jail time and a $10,000.00 fine will be enough to settle his old liberal ass down for a while, whether they can prove he vandalised any other vehicles or not. I doubt this is his 1st time playing these silly games. There is no telling what damage he has done in the past without being caught.

How do you know he was a liberal? He could be stuck up conservative old fart flipping out cause lost money on the stock market.

One may never know...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom