• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

image0.jpeg

I made this recipe just now minus the tomatoes, dill weed & cheese. If you like onions & want something different try it. I thought it was mighty tasty. It made 3 of the patties (this is on a dessert plate). I think it be better with some over medium eggs on top.
    DK Firearms

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Looks CRAZY good! My thought: instead of the tomato / dill weed....go Texican and make Pico de Gallo....that'd be pretty tasty....maybe add some red or orange bell peppers to the onion mix...maybe some serrano too? Either way....looks TASTY!!!!

Ever had an Oklahoma Onion Burger? I haven't (yet) but it's been popping up on my YouTube feed quite a bit, I plan on making it soon....it looks AMAZING!!

Since I'm here and we all like onions...here's my "go to" Onion side dish: 2-3 large sweet onions cut into hunks, 1-2 packages of fresh mushrooms (you pick - oyster, shiitake, portabello, a mixture?) chunked or sliced....put them all into a large stock pot....salt and pepper the DAYLIGHTS out of them....then pour in a whole bottle (16 oz) of nice balsamic vinegar along with some Worchestire Sauce....put it on the burner....let it reduce....ALL the way down until you're left with a nice goopy messy....stir it every 10 minutes or so....put it on top of sausages, steaks, you name it...you're welcome!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My favorite 'onions on a wee, burger' was White Castle.

When I was a kid, in Ft, Lauderdale, Florida, you could get an icy cold mug of birch beer for 5 cents and the burgers consisting of just grilled onions, burger meat and bun cost the princely sum of 20 cents each...ah, those were the days my friend!

Now, to be fair, the burgers were fairly small, but packed with 'onioney goodness'...oh man, they were good!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My favorite 'onions on a wee, burger' was White Castle.

When I was a kid, in Ft, Lauderdale, Florida, you could get an icy cold mug of birch beer for 5 cents and the burgers consisting of just grilled onions, burger meat and bun cost the princely sum of 20 cents each...ah, those were the days my friend!

Now, to be fair, the burgers were fairly small, but packed with 'onioney goodness'...oh man, they were good!
    Krystal made small square burgers with grilled onions for 5 cents or 3 for a dime during my youth in Memphis. They still make them but they'll much more expensive now.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I made a half recipe this morning, with one mod... thinking the egg/flour mix would cook much faster than the the onion/potato mix, I fluffed and nuked the latter for a couple minutes, then mixed that with the batter and fried it in two batches.

If I had tried the same nuke with the potato shreds alone, I think that they would have clumped inseparably, but the mix didn't clump at all!

Came out very good, and I ate the pancakes dry, just to get a taste of the base flavor.

I agree that the pancakes would be great with pico de gallo, or even just picante, but I think I will try them with maple syrup first...

It's really a nice simple recipe for another alternative breakfast.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    gll,

I'm one (also) to try eating something without all the various condiments. I want I taste the base flavor.

Example: I was told of raw oysters being so, so good, but then I observed people piling on all sorts of taste masking ingredients like tobasco, horse radish, lemon, tartar sauce before - down the hatch.

Doing that seemed like just maybe they weren't all that enthused about 'oysters on the half shell', but had to 'doctor' them up or they couldn't really eat them for their own sake.

What to do?

I ate a dozen without any added condiments and found them...bland.

What to do...again?

Fry them.

Fried oysters are far, far superior in taste to raw, plus you avoid vibrio vulnificus, which kills a whole boatload of people in the U.S. annually...

Reactions: gll

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    gll,

I'm one (also) to try eating something without all the various condiments. I want I taste the base flavor.

Example: I was told of raw oysters being so, so good, but then I observed people piling on all sorts of taste masking ingredients like tobasco, horse radish, lemon, tartar sauce before - down the hatch.

Doing that seemed like just maybe they weren't all that enthused about 'oysters on the half shell', but had to 'doctor' them up or they couldn't really eat them for their own sake.

What to do?

I ate a dozen without any added condiments and found them...bland.

What to do...again?

Fry them.

Fried oysters are far, far superior in taste to raw, plus you avoid vibrio vulnificus, which kills a whole boatload of people in the U.S. annually...
    If you ever find yourself in San Leon with a month with an R in it you need to eat oyster here

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    When I was a kid my Dad and I would watch the Wednesday Night Fights (sponsored by Gillete razor blades) on TV. Our tradition was to slice up a couple of onions and fry them in a little slab of Crisco until they were burnt black. We would eat them while watching the fights. I don’t think anything tastes better than properly burnt, greasy fried onions.

Top Bottom