• Total voters

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Adding my rebarreled Pre 64 1894 made in 1910 to this cool thread. Shot a lot of Winchesters in 30-30 just never got around to owning one until now. Better late than never.

RshftXw.jpg

gjn9ubv.jpg

miGWrDJ.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I really need to learn and start...

I started reloading after i bought a 44 mag. I loaded some lighter loads for more pleasant shooting. Then it was a fraction of the price to load. So I started loading for what I owned.

I bought some 30-30 bullets to load about 10 years ago from a member, still have a couple boxes left. When that’s gone my cost will go up considerably. But I was able to keep my son and SIL shooting / hunting during the pandemic.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I've got 80 rounds ready to go and 40 spent cases ready for reloading. Privi Partizan shoots real nice and it's clean too, $24.99 for a box of twenty. Anyway, thirdy-thirdy stops being fun after 15 rounds with the steel but plate on the old Winchester. Next one I pick up will be chambered in .357 or .45 Colt.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In the mix of ARs, M1As and various Henry rifles I never managed to acquire a 30-30. I can't see any reason to add another caliber now.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Heh...but how much did you invest in the reloading equipment? Besides, it seems like storing gunpowder by the forge would be a bad, bad idea...

Gear cost under $1000 including dies. tumblers, and other gear. (Lee mostly)

Gun powder kept in the house lasts a really, really long time. I have a locking file cabinet I keep it in.

The real benefit since 2020 is that when nobody has ammo for one of my guns. I’m an hour from having ammo to shoot. I always keep components around for the guns I own.

I’ve loaded and shot tens of thousands of rounds since 1990. Trying to get my son interested so I can teach him before I’m gone.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom