Votes: 23 12.2%

• Total voters

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I just Googled it and it's a 3 hour drive, one way, from me. So a 6 hour turn around will, most likely, not be on my schedule.
    damn - yeah that's a hoof. If you're not in a relative quick shot of Houston, it's likely no bueno/ Any other suggestions? I really like Trinity armory, but not married to the idea.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Ooof - this thread makes me feel guilty for not bringing my .30-30's out for a while. Been years since I've shot one of them. Might have to rectify that shortly. I've got a pretty good pile of brass, and a good friend who did a lot of cowboy shooting who has dies too. hmmm.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I think it’s a great idea. I was going to sell mine to fund another gun…but funded the other gun and never got around to the sell part. My 336 shoots lights out. Let’s do it. I think we should meet in Cleveland at Trinity armory on 12/30 @ 9:00am. Only bring one gun….
    Set this up Bill. Let's get it going.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    damn - yeah that's a hoof. If you're not in a relative quick shot of Houston, it's likely no bueno/ Any other suggestions? I really like Trinity armory, but not married to the idea.
    My suggestion will be.......set the shoot up at Trinity, have a great time and post a picture or 2.

My wife has a very weak right leg (thank you Branden and that covid and vax crap) and most
    of the time has hard time getting that leg to work correctly. It's real weak and doesn't work right.
    So I need to be fairly close in case I'm needed, which is quite often.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Ok- Trinity armory is good with a group of folks simply showing up to shoot. They have 25 rifle lanes and as many pistol lanes. $25.00 for the day. $22.00 for vets and first responders. Let’s shoot for 1/6/24. Everybody bring their 30-30’s. I have a friend that is sell two of his Winchesters. Box commemorative and never shot. I’ll bring them with me if someone is looking to up their 30-30 game and buy one or both. I’ll post pics in the for sale thread. I’ll get a thread going for this meet-up as well.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Heh...but how much did you invest in the reloading equipment? Besides, it seems like storing gunpowder by the forge would be a bad, bad idea...
    That’s like saying “how much did you spend on that gun to shoot cheap factory rounds?”

Reloading is a great hobby and a honest adult skill in its own right…and reloading equipment lasts for many years and thousands of rounds…unlike the cell phone or tablet you typed that post on…

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I think it’s a great idea. I was going to sell mine to fund another gun…but funded the other gun and never got around to the sell part. My 336 shoots lights out. Let’s do it. I think we should meet in Cleveland at Trinity armory on 12/30 @ 9:00am. Only bring one gun….

Only one gun? Seriously?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That’s like saying “how much did you spend on that gun to shoot cheap factory rounds?”

Reloading is a great hobby and a honest adult skill in its own right…and reloading equipment lasts for many years and thousands of rounds…unlike the cell phone or tablet you typed that post on…

Desktop computer, actually.

And yes, reloading is a great hobby...if you can afford the equipment (I can't) and have somewhere to set it up (I don't - I'm absolutely not going to store gunpowder in my forge, and don't have room in that space for another hobby that requires equipment). So really it's more like saying "how gracious of you to assume I have the startup funds and the available workspace to do that shit".

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

And yes, reloading is a great hobby...if you can afford the equipment (I can't) and have somewhere to set it up (I don't - I'm absolutely not going to store gunpowder in my forge, and don't have room in that space for another hobby that requires equipment). So really it's more like saying "how gracious of you to assume I have the startup funds and the available workspace to do that shit".

I agree with @General Zod there are several things I would like to do also, but the
    finances and space are not there.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

I didn’t really assume shit…other than you actually own guns and shoot them.

Folks like to call out reloaders on their equipment costs. If it were a business, that’s fair. If a hobby, I say foul. No different than asking the price of a table saw and miter for the guy who builds his own cabinets.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I didn’t really assume shit…other than you actually own guns and shoot them.

Folks like to call out reloaders on their equipment costs. If it were a business, that’s fair. If a hobby, I say foul. No different than asking the price of a table saw and miter for the guy who builds his own cabinets.

When someone says "you ought'a reload" and I truthfully point to those costs as a major obstacle for doing so, then it's perfectly fair. Kind of like when someone complains about traffic and the flippant answer is "well why don't you just move?" It's a bullshit reply.

And actually, all you did there was assume, starting with what kind of device you decided I had replied on.

But hey, you reload, that's great. I don't, and I have valid reasons that it's not a good fit for me. Sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval but...well, no I'm really not. Because I have other priorities and other hobbies that I spend my time and resources on, and that's my choice. I'm not in a position to drop hundreds of dollars on anything for any reason right now, so picking up a $20 box of ammo is what I can do. Don't like it? Tough.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom