Votes: 23 12.2%

• Total voters

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    it seems it’s marginally better. I’ve never seen that cartridge before, certainly not at the big box stores.
    IIRC, Winchester hasn't chambered the Model 94 in 32 WS since the late 1950's. It's essentially a necked up 30-30. If comparing them using identical bullet weights, they are almost ballistic twins of each other. Last I checked, some years ago, Remington and Winchester only manufacture a few special runs of the factory ammo a few times a year. Never did gain the popularity the 30-30 did for some reason.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    IIRC, Winchester hasn't chambered the Model 94 in 32 WS since the late 1950's. It's essentially a necked up 30-30. If comparing them using identical bullet weights, they are almost ballistic twins of each other. Last I checked, some years ago, Remington and Winchester only manufacture a few special runs of the factory ammo a few times a year. Never did gain the popularity the 30-30 did for some reason.
    So I suppose unless you reload you are SOL. These special runs can’t be cheap

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So I suppose unless you reload you are SOL. These special runs can’t be cheap
    Pretty much. But they are super easy to reload. Just run a 30-30 case into a 32 WS resizing die and voila! Prime and charge and seat a bullet. Reloading data is very similar to a 30-30 as well. Powders that work well in 30-30, also wok very well in 32 WS.

I still have a set of 32 WS dies from when my father reloaded for his many years ago.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Pretty much. But they are super easy to reload. Just run a 30-30 case into a 32 WS resizing die and voila! Prime and charge and seat a bullet. Reloading data is very similar to a 30-30 as well. Powders that work well in 30-30, also wok very well in 32 WS.

I still have a set of 32 WS dies from when my father reloaded for his many years ago.
    I’ve picked them up at Cabela’s before, and found some out at Wylie’s Guns last year. They actually had 3 kinds of .32WS.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    One of my guns that I would never sell is a Winchester 94 made in 1951. I inherited that gun and the sentimental value alone makes it priceless. It has the original iron sights on it and has killed many a deer and hog.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I'd love to own a lever action in almost any caliber but 22, I've been looking around. The prices keep going up AND, in calibers like 44 mag, you CANNOT FIND ONE!
    I have some Marlins you can check out next time you go to Lonestar if you like. They aren't for sale, but you can definitely shoot them all. No 44 though. 357, 30-30 and 45-70.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'd love to own a lever action in almost any caliber but 22, I've been looking around. The prices keep going up AND, in calibers like 44 mag, you CANNOT FIND ONE!
    I can remember when you could go into a pawn shop, or gun store and find them in fair to decent condition for less than $100. I have bought several many years ago for even $75 or less.

Those days are long gone I suspect.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I have a Marlin model 336 I bought new in 2000. I've killed two hogs with it; nice handling and accurate.

Couple years back I picked up a Winchester Model 94 Trapper.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    One of my guns that I would never sell is a Winchester 94 made in 1951. I inherited that gun and the sentimental value alone makes it priceless. It has the original iron sights on it and has killed many a deer and hog.
    Ditto. Mine is a 1953 and belonged to my dad. I have not hunted with it, but have good memories of shooting it with him.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mine was made in 1914. Still solid & tight after 106 years.
    2CB16254-9E10-4411-87EC-441A23123467.jpeg

postal

Old gun guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    St Paul/San Antonio
    Picked up a rusty one a couple years ago in a trade. Low round count but pitted badly on the barrel. Made in 1972.
    had to go a different route, I did.
    Had the muzzle threaded and mag tube cut down 3/4" by a guy in Arlington then hauled it up to a friend in Glenrock Wyoming who does fantastic finishing. Doug Mosier owns Glenrock Blue and runs it with his wife. Does bluing, parkerizing and cerakote. Also excellent at reworking and restoration by hand, files and sanding blocks. Really nice work and very reasonable. Had him go over the gun, he did a Cerakote finish in the receiver and matte black on the rest of the gun.
    Did the wood myself as I've done a lot of that with CMP purchases. It was stained by water but came out looking nice with stripping and 8 coats of tung oil.
    I havent tried to load anything subsonic yet but have seen many good recipes and it should perform like one of my 300 Blackout coyote guns with a can on the end.
    Shoots great with a can and factory loads though and a lot quieter.
    Looks a bit odd with the suppressor but hey! It was pitted so not a candidate for resto.....and it'll make a great truck gun!
    I'll see if I have a pic and will attach one later.

Fyi, also trusted Doug with touchup and refinishing one of my '28 Thompsons, receiver and a bunch of parts. Turned out absolutely great.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom