• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Kind of strange. Some folks' BP seems very sensitive to salt intake, others not so. I have found that it makes no difference in mine.
    Salt intake gets the blame for high BP but in a lot of cases it's high insulin levels

The kidneys can't process the sodium efficiently when dealing with elevated insulin.

Lots of times it isn't a sodium intake problem...it's a sodium retention program
    Salt gets the blame for what the sugar is causing

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    20230309_113646.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You only have one pump and the harder it works the less likely it is to last. High pressure means more work.
    In my experience the most accurate BP are done with an old mercury manometer (now banned) and an experienced person that knows how to read BP. Many of the so called nurses in a doctors office put the stethoscope in their ears backwards and can't be trusted to read BP. For them the automatic ones are best and not the wrist but the arm units.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I [you] can lower your blood pressure significantly by some moments of deep breathing and a conscious relaxation action. I do it routinely and have checked it at the docs with their auto BP gauges. stress is a killer, and as noted BP is almost always higher at doc office especially these days due to stress.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I [you] can lower your blood pressure significantly by some moments of deep breathing and a conscious relaxation action. I do it routinely and have checked it at the docs with their auto BP gauges. stress is a killer, and as noted BP is almost always higher at doc office especially these days due to stress.
    But aren't most BP measurements made in a doctor's office and the norms are derived from that? I personally think the 140/90 is the upper limit of normal. Just checked mine, 137/82.
    If you are applying for life insurance you sure don't want your BP high on exam.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    When I started in nursing in 1978 blood sugar normal numbers were 80-120 It was changed by recommendation of big pharma to 80-100 resulting in millions of folks being put on drugs such as metformin.......pre-diabetic is another ruse to sell more drugs.....pre-diabetic is like saying all women are pre pregnant and we should be treating them for pregnancy.....

and don't even get me started on statins for cholesterol....another big pharma driven ruse................

Not saying drugs aren't effective or some folks really don't need them, but millions are on drugs they really don't need.........

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I've been neglecting my meds the last few days. Just checked my BP with the automated arm cuff meter from LifeSource and it read 188/85. Obviously that's not safe. Gotta reload my med organizer and take my BP meds... so many meds, so little time.

Years ago, 15 or 20, I had a really bad nosebleed that would not stop. Eventually I had the wife take me to the ER. Turned out that my BP was 230/120. I wasn't on BP meds at that time cuz my BP was usually pretty stable at around 124/80. Not any more. So, the ER doc said the nosebleed prolly acted as a safety valve against a stroke. Unh uh, it didn't. My BP came down before they released me from the ER with the nosebleed stopped, but turns out I had a Lacunar stroke of about 5mm. Of the consequences possible, , I had the least serious which is a numb area on my left leg. But now they are saying it can lead to dementia, esp one called "Braunschwager's disease". LOL, actually it is "Binswanger's disease" but it doesn't seem to have affected my wanger at all. And I'm 70!

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Much of the blood pressure/cholesterol/diet nonsense thst has been spewed by the AMA and the other medical organizations has been driven by Big Pharma and their need to drive blood pressure and statin drugs. Low fat and low salt diets dont have much effect so they are pretty much guaranteed to keep patients on the drugs.

Most of us are far more impacted by genetic and stress factors than we are by food. The more we, as a society, move to worshipping the almighty dollar and filling our lives with every competitive sport and activity known to man, the more we lose touch with God, family and just simple alone time. Drugs do not correct that, they just mask the symptoms.

A well adjusted person with a bp of 150/100 is healthier than an overworked, over stressed divorced parent struggling to make large debt payments.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Much of the blood pressure/cholesterol/diet nonsense thst has been spewed by the AMA and the other medical organizations has been driven by Big Pharma and their need to drive blood pressure and statin drugs. Low fat and low salt diets dont have much effect so they are pretty much guaranteed to keep patients on the drugs.

Most of us are far more impacted by genetic and stress factors than we are by food. The more we, as a society, move to worshipping the almighty dollar and filling our lives with every competitive sport and activity known to man, the more we lose touch with God, family and just simple alone time. Drugs do not correct that, they just mask the symptoms.

A well adjusted person with a bp of 150/100 is healthier than an overworked, over stressed divorced parent struggling to make large debt payments.
    So you don’t think drugs can help people with genetic factors that can lead to an early demise?

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    I know when I smoked,drank and ate crappy foods my bp was higher. When I stick to a PT schedule my resting heart rate and bp are much better. High blood pressure does cause damage over time to arteries and the heart and cause strokes especially in those with heavy plaque build up on arterial walls.

Top Bottom