• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I continue to read fast food and sit down restaurants are paying upwards of $15.00 an hour for dishwashers and more for wait staff, have you that eat out a lot noticed a big jump in cost for a say a cheeseburger, fries and coke?

I don't know if these wages hold true here in Texas, but I guess so, but don't really know....thus my question.

Thanks!

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Even though I have cut back on fast food this year because of my diet, I still enjoy a semi-occasional visit to Chick Fil A, Whataburger, or In N Out. And I'm not above a yearly visit to Mc Donalds, I think I have been there once this year. And I eat a #7 from Jersey Mike's at least once a month.

I did not really notice a big price increase in these places, but I did in other things such as beef, pork, and other grocery prices.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Prices seem to be a little higher (maybe 10%) at some places, while others have not raised prices or at least not enough for me to notice it.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I don't, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.

My location doesn't offer the opportunity, and my aversion to cities usually drives me out of them faster than fast food can be served. Fast food for me is more likely to be a bag of chips and a semi cool soda out of a 12 pack I just bought at HEB, and eaten at 75mph.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I proceeded to tell him his future, then
    As long as he was hanging around
    I said "The price of meat has just gone up
    And your old lady has just gone down!"

And I said "Look here brother-who you
    Jiving with that cosmik debris?

Reactions: gll

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Only the big chain fast food around here. So many closed because they could not pay the wages demanded or they cut staff and hours open. $30 for a small pizza and $10 delivery fee????
    The wife gets pissed at me anyway because I do not or forget to eat. I am just angry all the time and I've lost 20 pounds in the past two months....

Reactions: gll

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I wasn't allowed to eat fast food growing up and that has carried over to adulthood. I think the last time I had fast food was at chik fila about 3 years ago near the Bass Pro in grapevine. I ate half of a chicken sandwich and tossed the rest out the window for the birds. Idk how people eat this garbage.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Thanks everyone for your responses.

Much appreciated.

I too am a big fan of Michael Pollan - He's a super interesting guy! His knowledge of the food history is astounding!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    100%

Much of it barely qualifies as real food.
    Just a bunch of fillers and by-products.

Michael Pollan has a bunch of talks about the food industry. His documentary “In defense of food” changed my life and how I eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely agree. Fast food is disgusting. I remember I had a cheeseburger at a mcdonalds when I was a teenager and I could smell it in my sweat on the way home. I still remember that after all this time. That never happens with my home made burgers of beef or game meat. It doesnt even stop at fast food though. Look at every single food label in a gas station or food store today. Chock full o preservatives and all other kinds of trash like soy.

This is why I married my wife. She is a tremendous cook / baker and makes it all from scratch.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t even know what constitutes the fast food category any more. Sure, drive thru burger joints used to define it, but what about food trucks? We have a bbq food truck nearby that gets me my food as quick as any drive thru at reasonable prices, so I sit here confused.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don’t even know what constitutes the fast food category any more. Sure, drive thru burger joints used to define it, but what about food trucks? We have a bbq food truck nearby that gets me my food as quick as any drive thru at reasonable prices, so I sit here confused.

My interpretation of fast food is the majority of the big chain food places, like Taco Bell, McDonald's, Wendy's, Sonic, Whataburger, KFC, Church's, Popeye's, ect, ect.

I think some may blur the line though in some ways. But Most of those chain outfits are using frozen or prepared foods that can be nuked or fried quickly, or some already prepared and only need to be reheated before serving to the customer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wasn't allowed to eat fast food growing up and that has carried over to adulthood. I think the last time I had fast food was at chik fila about 3 years ago near the Bass Pro in grapevine. I ate half of a chicken sandwich and tossed the rest out the window for the birds. Idk how people eat this garbage.

Growing up, fast food was a very rare treat. The only sort of fast food my grandparents would eat at was Dairy Queen. On the rare occasion, we would stop at Dairy Queen on the way home from church service to have a lunch. But Dairy Queen was so much different fifty years ago.

Some years later, when my father got remarried, every couple of months, our stepmother would treat all of us to night on the weekend to pizza at Pizza Inn.

I didn't really eat much fast food until adulthood after I started working for a living. Many times it was out of necessity, time and convenience to just hit the drive-thru and grab a burger and eat while driving to the next job.

But once I was in the position and means, I found it was way cheaper, and probably more healthy to make my own lunch and take it to work with me instead of grabbing burgers at the fast food joints.

We still eat some fast food, but it's mainly just Sonic, Whataburger, or Little Caesar's Pizza. Any other time we eat out, it's a sit down restaurant.

Top Bottom