• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Yep ... I've always held that law enforcement is a necessary job that is largely thankless and deals with the scraps of society. I thought about law enforcement but honestly ... I don't think I could hold up mentally in a job like that, my tolerance for stupidity is in the negatives.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No one gets banned for expressing an opinion. Hell, we like the different viewpoints. It's what makes the site fun. If we all only liked 1911s and ARs, then there would be nothing to talk about.
    People get banned for breaking the rules, plain and simple. Feel free to voice your opinions without fear of repercussion. Just do so in an adult manner.
    Well...............

When I was banned the reason given was "attitude". No specific rule violations were given. However, I understand this place belongs to someone else, and he can ban for reasons outside of those he lists. I think it is only fair that if the mods or owner does not like like your attitude he will ban you, then that should be stated on the rules page.

Regarding my "attitude". I have very little patience for aggorant stupid (we are all stupid in some things, but being arrogant about it is just obnoxious), intentional lies and misleadings, and acting like juveniles. I allowed that lack of patience to show in my responses to some folks on here, and it cost me a month.

That is all.....................

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    txinvestigator said:
    I have very little patience for aggorant stupid (we are all stupid in some things, but being arrogant about it is just obnoxious), intentional lies and misleadings, and acting like juveniles.

This is the Internet, TXI. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. U mad?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Perhaps, but I don't see "abrasive personality" in the rules as a reason to ban. Do you?

My friend, my "house rules" for guests are pretty vague, as well. But if someone is being generally tactless and less than friendly, they'll be shown the door. Point being, we're all guests in Alan's house. Sometimes we forget that, or in our desire to be right we become too forceful and overstep our bounds. It behooves all of us to remember that we ARE guests....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My friend, my "house rules" for guests are pretty vague, as well. But if someone is being generally tactless and less than friendly, they'll be shown the door. Point being, we're all guests in Alan's house. Sometimes we forget that, or in our desire to be right we become too forceful and overstep our bounds. It behooves all of us to remember that we ARE guests....
    Look at the post above that one and you'll see I agree. But lets call a spade a spade, shall we? Again, I have NO hard feelings

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I am sooooooooooo not opening up that can of worms again.

No, it's just that you could be going a number of different ways with this. You said:

I also think we ought to respect those who don't or can't post here.

I don't know if you're talking about people that can't respond because they are banned or someone who wouldn't post here (such as the POTUS), or what. It was just a vague comment.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, it's just that you could be going a number of different ways with this. You said:

I don't know if you're talking about people that can't respond because they are banned or someone who wouldn't post here (such as the POTUS), or what. It was just a vague comment.

I have a specific thread in mind, but I am not going there. I am NOT talking about any comments made about me.

But if we are going to be "respectful" it should be towards ALL.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a specific thread in mind, but I am not going there. I am NOT talking about any comments made about me.

But if we are going to be "respectful" it should be towards ALL.

I agree, everyone should be respectful towards all. You mind PMing me which thread you mean since you don't want to bring it up again?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Perhaps, but I don't see "abrasive personality" in the rules as a reason to ban. Do you?

"However, there are some rules that we must uphold, and the means by which they are upheld are at the discretion of the admin and mod staff. Since Texas Gun Talk is our house, we reserve the right to ban or punish anyone for anything, without warning."

That's the second paragraph, in bold, large letters of the rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom