• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    the scale will show double charges, no powder.if it is to inconstant i wont trust them at all. but your right it wont tell what kind of powder the price was right.
    even if i have to dump the powder i still have 100 primers, brass, and led

Your right...pull the bullets and dump the powder..

Better safe than sorry...
    Target Sports

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    MadMo44Mag
    btw... tried the loadings you mentioned for 44special and liked the 7.6 unique one, not too big a bite and with the jhp i used, i have no doubt they will do just fine... thanks for the info... as for the subject of this string, commercial loaders have to pay hefty ins premiums for loading and selling to johnny public...and if a load gets past and damages a gun or worse, they have to own up to it... as for shooting non comercial reloads, i'd have to know that persons loading abilitys b4 i used them... im shooting stuff i reloaded 12 yrs ago but thats me...my .002...

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    MadMo44Mag
    btw... tried the loadings you mentioned for 44special and liked the 7.6 unique one, not too big a bite and with the jhp i used, i have no doubt they will do just fine... thanks for the info... as for the subject of this string, commercial loaders have to pay hefty ins premiums for loading and selling to johnny public...and if a load gets past and damages a gun or worse, they have to own up to it... as for shooting non comercial reloads, i'd have to know that persons loading abilitys b4 i used them... im shooting stuff i reloaded 12 yrs ago but thats me...my .002...

Glad it worked out for you.

Some of these guys are combining the most cost effective components they can lay hands on to produce some very crappy ammo.
    OAL is so critical on most auto loaders that I feel that they just guess at what it should be or set the OAL real short to reduce the powder charge to save on powder. (raises the internal case psi)
    Most revolver bullets are canalured so they usually get that right and can't play with that much.
    Like I said earlier, the bad ones are real bad!

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I do use reloads, but only from companies that do it for a living ... I use a lot of Collins reloads (at least I did when they had a stand at the Austin gun show back in the days BO -- before Obama) ... they were FMJ, usually several dollars less per 100 than factory stuff and I never had a problem with them ... I might trust lead reloads, but not if the reloader made the bullets himself ...

Top Bottom