• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Both doors only open 40% of the time from the inside and from the outside only open 80% of the time. Is that a door latch malfunction?? I end of crawling out through the window like the duke boys.
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hinges can be replaced rather easily. Window regulators - from the junkyard or dealer. The latches are sometimes just a matter of adjustment.

Trust Me on this....I have MANY years of bein' too broke ta pay attention! ;)

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ill look into the latches. I dont think its an adjustment. Whenever I try to lock them and then unlock them they wont open.The problem is Chrysler discontinued a lot of parts for these old rams. The hinges arent are whats broken the actual door is broken where the hinge bolts into.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It sounds like years of sagging door hinges caused someone to yank really hard on the doors, which will bend the rods that actuate the latches out of shape. I'd start there and with the hinges before spending more money than you have to.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well after looking at the door and reading the chry. factory manual, Ive figured it all out. The door will need to be welded on the bottom. The bottom hinge pin has a considerate amount of play(in an over sized hole. Like Madmo said put new bushings and straight pins. That should fix the sagging door. For the stripped window regulator, I have to drill out the blind rivets and then use 1/4 x 20 screws to reinstall the newer one. I guess guys while Im doing all this work I might as well replace the dry rotted seals on the bottom of the window glass and all the other weather stripping being the truck is 22 years old??

Top Bottom