DK Firearms

Does anyone have a Brownell's shipping code you can PM me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I'm trying to order a $60 item but they're asking $16 for shipping.

Customer service chat was no help, asking me to order before they could 'try to do something'.
    Venture Surplus ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Brownell's shipping code
    Customer service chat was no help
    I wouldn't have been any help either. When someone asks me for a discount I just ignore them. I doubt Brownell's is trying to make money on shipping. The shipping quotes are automatically generated based on what the carrier is going to charge them to ship it.

If you really don't like the shipping rates, order it from China where shipping to the US is subsidized by the Universal Postal Union.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I doubt Brownell's is trying to make money on shipping. The shipping quotes are automatically generated based on what the carrier is going to charge them to ship it.

If you really don't like the shipping rates, order it from China where shipping to the US is subsidized by the Universal Postal Union.
    For sure, shipping rates have gone insane under Bidenomics. When I ship at the PO, my standard reply when they tell me what it costs is: "I just want to ship it, not buy the truck."
    As for your final claim, I hope it is not true (if you have a link to a reputable source, I will read it). It would just be one more example of making it harder for US companies to compete. Stacking the deck in favor of commies? OK, now that I wrote that, it does sound like the Biden administration. Then we got Mitch McConnell and his Chyna wife...

ETA - I did find this:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For sure, shipping rates have gone insane under Bidenomics. When I ship at the PO, my standard reply when they tell me what it costs is: "I just want to ship it, not buy the truck."
    As for your final claim, I hope it is not true (if you have a link to a reputable source, I will read it). It would just be one more example of making it harder for US companies to compete. Stacking the deck in favor of commies? OK, now that I wrote that, it does sound like the Biden administration. Then we got Mitch McConnell and his Chyna wife...

ETA - I did find this:
    The US withdrawal from UPU was rescinded after a new negotiation of terminal rates. Rates from China did go marginally up, but it still costs more to ship a widget across the US than it does across the Pacific and through the US.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Unfortunately I check Amazon, and when I find what I need I add things to my cart until I qualify for free shipping and then order at that time.....including firearms and auto related, always check for made in America.
    Yeah it pisses me off to go Amazon, but hell EVERYTHING costs a fortune now FJB!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    After getting tired of the insane rates I started using a kitchen scale and buying the postage online. You get commercial rates that way even for flat rate boxes. Those shipping rates are comparable to years past

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio

I wouldn't have been any help either. When someone asks me for a discount I just ignore them. I doubt Brownell's is trying to make money on shipping. The shipping quotes are automatically generated based on what the carrier is going to charge them to ship it.

You are wrong. I didn't ask for a discount; I asked whether the shipping cost was correct..

The (U.S.-made) item weighs less than a pound.
    Distance from Grinnell, IA to San Antonio - 1060 miles. shipping quote for standard service was $15.99.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Just want to let y'all know of great deal on shipping rates when sending things yourself. My son clued me in on this when he heard me swearing at the computer...is legit

PirateShip.com

Save up to 89% off USPS® & UPS®

Top Bottom