ARJ Defense ad

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE in TEXAS that the NRA IS MOVING TO??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

UNLESS I've missed it, I haven't seen what city/county that the NRA is going to call HOME here in The Lone Star State.

Has it been announced??

yours, satx
    NRA Endowment Member
    Hurley's Gold

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You may be entirely correct. I quit sending them money several years ago when all the chit started for the fan!

Charlie, This may well be an EXCELLENCE chance to REFORMAT the NRA & RETURN IT to the ordinary members, who are NOT interested in "getting rich" at the expense of the membership.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Charlie, This may well be an EXCELLENCE chance to REFORMAT the NRA & RETURN IT to the ordinary members, who are NOT interested in "getting rich" at the expense of the membership.

yours, satx

Unless you know something different, simply changing locations doesn't change the leadership in any way.

It's going to be the same NRA, just here in Texas instead of New York.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

And you KNOW that to be a FACT, exactly HOW??? = Do you have a functioning crystal ball or you just "blathering" semi-literately, as you usually do??

yours, satx

If the leadership of the NRA doesn't, or isn't changed, and they don't make some changes in how they operate, changing locations isn't going to change one thing about the NRA that many members see as being a problem.

Please point out where I said it was fact. I was expressing an opinion based on my personal thoughts and observations of the NRA.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    They ought to be given a chance to reorganize since they are moving away from the NE part of the US. I'm sure they have been made aware of their need to make some changes regarding their situation, the "leaders" and their location. They ought to at least be given a chance before folks jump their ass. I think we should be proactive and supportive as much as we can during the move. If they continue to screw up, vote them out.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm trying to figure out why the move to Texas would change the NRA in any way. The move is intended to get away from the NY regulatory environment. It's a move almost entirely composed of (optionally) moving a very few folks, changing the state of incorporation, and altering their tax strategies. Hell, they really only need a PO box in Texas and they could leave everything else in place, right where it is.

The changes that need to be made are in Fairfax, VA. Moving the state where the organization is incorporated is just legal paper-shuffling.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    They ought to be given a chance to reorganize since they are moving away from the NE part of the US. I'm sure they have been made aware of their need to make some changes regarding their situation, the "leaders" and their location. They ought to at least be given a chance before folks jump their ass. I think we should be proactive and supportive as much as we can during the move. If they continue to screw up, vote them out.

Charlie,

SPOT ON.
    I'm HOPING that when the org. MOVES that we will get NEW & BETTER leadership. = IF the NRA does NOT fix the "most glaring problems", WATCH FOR a BLOODBATH at the next National Meeting.
    (There are FAR too many longtime members like me who are FED UP with the same old problems & the same old people, who were responsible for those problems.)

I joined the NRA in SEP of 1964 & have watched CAREFULLY all the "hijinks", FOOLISHNESS & OUTRIGHT WASTE of BOTH our money & political power for over 25 years.
    (MOST of my input to the NRA "leadership" was "quietly passed through" my dear & now "PROMOTED to GLORY" best friend, who was a LONG-serving board member.)

I am now 100% READY to have a REVOLUTION at the next national gathering, IF things don't change A LOT & REALLY SOON "after the move"..

yours, satx
    USA, Retired
    NRA Endowment member

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Charlie & All,

We CAN make room for the NRA here in BEXAR COUNTY, THE CRADLE OF TEXAS LIBERTY & the home of our ALAMO SHRINE.

yours, satx

Yup. Ron and Nelson don’t really mind another good old boys club they can suck money off of and denigrate at the same time while finding ways to shut them down.

Honestly, NRA would be more at home in Chicago or California.

I'm trying to figure out why the move to Texas would change the NRA in any way.
    It won’t in any way, shape, form, or fashion. What it will do is put a laser focus by the D party and Anti-2A groups on Texas government to find a way to shut them down. The holy grail would be to tell the story of how that fabled pro-gun state couldn’t even keep us from getting rid of the NRA.

Like it or not, for members and opponents, the NRA is a both lightning rod and target.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yup. Ron and Nelson don’t really mind another good old boys club they can suck money off of and denigrate at the same time while finding ways to shut them down.

Honestly, NRA would be more at home in Chicago or California.

toddnjoyce,

Frankly, I seriously doubt if "our much admired" (Sarcasm Button: ON.) County Judge AND/OR the Mayor will be in office much longer. = Because of the mostly needless & massive overreach of the lockdowns here, people are becoming "sick to death" of both of those CLUELESS TWITS.

I believe that they will be VOTED OUT in a massive landslide at the next city/county election. = The "Chamber of Commerce crowd" won't be able to save them this go-round.

yours, sat

Top Bottom