Lynx Defense

Does anyone know why I needed to fill out an OMB Form 1140.0041 for my suppressors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    My LGS called me this past Monday and asked me to come in. Here I am thinking that my tax stamps came in for my suppressors. After all the Form 4's were mailed off the end of March 2013. What I got instead was this form that the ATF send for me to print my name on and sign. When I bought my suppressors I was the first customer to do so as my LGS just started selling them. He said that his second customer to purchase one a few days after me got the same form to sign. When I asked about it he said he called the ATF and was told that it was because of the Visa's in our passports. I used to work for a defense contractor I Iraq so I have visa's from Iraq, Kuwait, Dubai and a few other middle east countries. He said once the ATF received the forms back I should get my stamps shortly there after. Really, 9 frigging months only to have to do more paper work. Kind of taking the luster out of getting suppressors.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• 20131231_082810.jpg
      20131231_082810.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 185

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My LGS called me this past Monday and asked me to come in. Here I am thinking that my tax stamps came in for my suppressors. After all the Form 4's were mailed off the end of March 2013. What I got instead was this form that the ATF send for me to print my name on and sign. When I bought my suppressors I was the first customer to do so as my LGS just started selling them. He said that his second customer to purchase one a few days after me got the same form to sign. When I asked about it he said he called the ATF and was told that it was because of the Visa's in our passports. I used to work for a defense contractor I Iraq so I have visa's from Iraq, Kuwait, Dubai and a few other middle east countries. He said once the ATF received the forms back I should get my stamps shortly there after. Really, 9 frigging months only to have to do more paper work. Kind of taking the luster out of getting suppressors.

Only Individuals buying via CLEO signoff need to fill that out. Corps and trusts do not.

Has absolutely nothing to do with visa, passports or any of that other BS you were given.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Did you do a trust? Did you have to fill it out in the trusts name? (question answered above)
    Good luck with your stamps, I hope you get them soon.

Last edited:

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Only Individuals buying via CLEO signoff need to fill that out. Corps and trusts do not.

Has absolutely nothing to do with visa, passports or any of that other BS you were given.

Thanks for the response. I did it in my name only and not a trust. So now the big question is after 9 months how much longer is it going to take.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks for the response. I did it in my name only and not a trust. So now the big question is after 9 months how much longer is it going to take.

Usually when you are asked for corrections it means they are working on your form. So as soon as you get it back it should be done.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Well, it is a standard requirement to include the 1140 Citizenship Compliance form with all Individual applications so it's not like you were being picked on. I included it with my paper Form 1's and Form 4's just in case (use a trust) and didn't have any problems. That's something your FFL07 LGS should have told you when you were submitting so make sure he knows to do so for every Indivual Form 4 he submits from now on.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Well, it is a standard requirement to include the 1140 Citizenship Compliance form with all Individual applications so it's not like you were being picked on. I included it with my paper Form 1's and Form 4's just in case (use a trust) and didn't have any problems. That's something your FFL07 LGS should have told you when you were submitting so make sure he knows to do so for every Indivual Form 4 he submits from now on.
    Yeah at the time of purchase my lgs jut became a classIII dealer and I was their first customer. Lesson learned. They do treat me well and took care of me for their error.

Top Bottom