Does anyone still use physical cash? Why?

SQLGeek

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Cause the stupid government can’t turn off your cash. Even if you don’t use cash you are a fool not to have a good stack in reserve

I have a feeling if we get to that point the cash won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Go to your bank without any forewarning and withdraw $10k.

Surely anybody who does this knows to call a few days ahead. I've done it on many occasions going back over a decade. My local bank branch made it clear that they could only do a cash withdrawal that large for one person if I called on Tuesday to withdraw on Friday. AFAIK, it's always been that way for small branches.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Cash whenever/wherever possible - the tracking that's done via electronic/paper check is unbelievable. Besides - it pisses off the bean counters. The various trades I work with all tell me they appreciate that I do cash transactions - even if they claim every penny, they know you can't stop payment on Benjamin's.....

msharley

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 28, 2021
Central Pennsylvania
Cash whenever/wherever possible - the tracking that's done via electronic/paper check is unbelievable. Besides - it pisses off the bean counters. The various trades I work with all tell me they appreciate that I do cash transactions - even if they claim every penny, they know you can't stop payment on Benjamin's.....
Hey RN,

Just had some electric work done.

Got $50 off for CASH!!

Later, Mark

Lonesome Dove

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sep 25, 2018
Texas
Building a new planter bed out front. Bullrock
Mulch
Large moss rock boulders and some smaller ones.
A few plants cacti kind. $602
Paid cash and got another 1600# pallet of moss stone FREE!

SA_Steve

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas USA
As to restaurants that only take cash, I remember the very popular Galveston place that the IRS shut down (owner jailed) many years ago.

Last edited:

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud