Does anyone still use physical cash? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Cause the stupid government can’t turn off your cash. Even if you don’t use cash you are a fool not to have a good stack in reserve

I have a feeling if we get to that point the cash won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Go to your bank without any forewarning and withdraw $10k.

Surely anybody who does this knows to call a few days ahead. I've done it on many occasions going back over a decade. My local bank branch made it clear that they could only do a cash withdrawal that large for one person if I called on Tuesday to withdraw on Friday. AFAIK, it's always been that way for small branches.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Cash whenever/wherever possible - the tracking that's done via electronic/paper check is unbelievable. Besides - it pisses off the bean counters. The various trades I work with all tell me they appreciate that I do cash transactions - even if they claim every penny, they know you can't stop payment on Benjamin's.....

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Cash whenever/wherever possible - the tracking that's done via electronic/paper check is unbelievable. Besides - it pisses off the bean counters. The various trades I work with all tell me they appreciate that I do cash transactions - even if they claim every penny, they know you can't stop payment on Benjamin's.....
    Hey RN,

Just had some electric work done.

Got $50 off for CASH!!

Later, Mark

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Building a new planter bed out front. Bullrock
    Mulch
    Large moss rock boulders and some smaller ones.
    A few plants cacti kind. $602
    Paid cash and got another 1600# pallet of moss stone FREE!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Chasing down hot checks and reversed CC charges are a PITA.
    Older Gentleman (long gone, now) had a great Neighborhood Restaurant/Bar where I grew up.

He had been in business for over 50yrs.

Told me one morning over coffee (I was still in High School)....that he had never, in all those years taken a bad check....

I asked how that could be?

He told me.....He had never taken a good one............either!

He was a really great old man!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have noticed when I use cash I don’t spend as much as I do with checks or cards

Exactly - every study shows that customers spend more when using a credit card because they don't "feel" the card is real money....until they get the bill. I zero out our CC at least 3X/mo - learned the hard way how easy it is to get trapped by that "it's only xyz....". Flip side is - when we buy a new vehicle, we can pay $3-5k/mo on the balance and STILL live well. Of course, the auto finance company doesn't like us too well....but I don't care. I bought a truck year before last as a back-up to my main work truck. Used truck, walked into the dealership on a Saturday and handed 'em cash for it...when I went back last year to buy my new work truck, the salesman knew if he did his job, I'd buy. Couldn't pay cash on THAT beast, but 6 mos later it was paid off. That's the main advantage of not having other debt.

Just wished I'd have figured that out 30 years ago!!

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    When you use cash it's truly the only cash back card I use with 0% interest!
    whats-in-your-wallet-motherfucker.jpg

Top Bottom